ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕜𝕪 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 15

∆Three days later∆

(Y/N)'s POV

"Ugh..."
An inaudible murmur left my lips. I had woken up, however I remained laying down atop a warm, snug surface with my eyes glued shut. My skull pounded violently, trying to escape to aid the demise of my anguish. The world presented itself as a blur, colliding everything into one. I softly dropped my head to the side, facing a dark silhouette wearing orange and black. They were staring at me. Once my vision deciphered more prominent shapes, the blurry figure started to form a person sitting in a chair. Who I once thought was Hoodie, was actually Toby, slouched uncomfortably in a waiting chair with his orange goggles propped on his head. From his faint snoring and his head resting on his chest, I could tell he was asleep.

After I let out a louder groan, and shuffled lightly, the twitching male was snapped out of his fantasies.

"L-look who's *tic* a-awake," His raspy voice stammered out while adjusting his posture. He stretched his arms to reach the roof, and dropped them immediately. He acted as though he was sleeping there for decades.
"Th-the pig-ignorant *tic* j-jackass,"

"Shut up and leave," I murmured, tossing my head to the opposite side not wanting to torture myself any longer. The last person I wanted to see was Toby. Why was he even here?

"You c-could have d-d-died, you're l-lucky," He snarled, picking himself off the chair to his feet. His sluggish movements carried him to the sink, raising a small, clear plastic cup under the tap to fill it with water.

Succeeding his words, memories overwhelmingly flooded back into my mind. Shivers trickled down my spine realizing death could have taken me. Although, I had also remembered the person that saved my life.
"Thanks to Hoodie, I didn't," I snapped back, pleading for Toby to shut his trap. Plus, my head pounded with every word he spoke; but, that wasn't new. I observed how he swiftly guzzled the clear liquid and crushed the plastic cup in his gloved hand.

"Th-thanks to *tic* to me, you d-didn't," His voice came out sharp once he corrected me, proceeding to tell me how lucky I was to bathe in his presence.
"I dodged b-bullets to sa-save y-your ass." His unbelievable words made my lips gape in shock. Toby saved me? I didn't share a single detail with him, so how could he have possibly known?
"Your dum-dumbass looked b-b-better dying, th-though,"

I propped myself up to stare blankly at the male, yet my bones felt like they were going to shatter under the abrupt movement. I let out a scoff, lowering myself back onto the fluffy pillow.

"I didn't ask you to save me," I sighed, staring up towards the ceiling. Luckily, the bed and blanket hugged my figure warmly, making my stay comfortable.

"So y-y-you don't ap-appreciate my kind-kindness?" He queried, walking back to the seat and picking up his rustic, wooden axe. His head crooked back to stare at me, a twisted smile danced across his lips.
"Ca-cause I *tic* can undo wh-what I did,"
His voice came out deranged, almost scary. Seriously, what was he doing here?

"Ugh, you're impossible," I groaned, leaning back into my pillow to get as far away from Toby as possible. Honestly, he was a bit terrifying. He was cold and heartless- a complete maniac. He could slice me up in a few swings if he really wanted too. But, I would never let him have the benefit knowing this information.
"Why'd you help me anyways?"

"It's n-not like I-I wanted to,"

-
∆Toby's Flashback∆

I had just entered the kitchen, however the normal creek that followed the closing door didn't sound out. I knew something was up, or someone was following me. There were a pair of eyes burning into the back of my skull, nobody casually cruising through the kitchen would look at me like that.