Bad Boyfriend (2/3) || 16

The phone rings, being the only sound filling the room. Jake stands up from the couch, seeing Dave's name popping up again for the sixth time. He switches off his phone and keeps it aside, glancing at Clay who has been lost deep in thoughts.

"What time is it?"

"...past three"

Jake nodds, grabbing his phone hesitantly and sitting next to Clay, as he opens his contact list scrolling down a for a while and stopping at the letter 'J'. The boy glances at him with a frown creasing between his brows as if questioning the other's sanity from his actions.

"I don't know what to do, but he needs to know..." Jake breathes out, shoving the phone towards his friend and says, "We'll call Jimin hyung and then he can talk to Jungkook hyung by himself..."

Clay stares at him for a second, then at his phone, nodding slowly as Aera's crying face flashes before his eyes, hugging herself against the cold wall, looking so broken and hurt almost as if breathing was painful to her.

His tongue nervously licks over the lower lip, eyes staring on the glowing phone screen in the dark as his thumb tapped on Jimin's number.

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

"The person you're trying to reac-"

"Do it again..." Jake says, heaving out a deep breath.

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ri-*

"Hello?" A raspy voice breaks out, making the boys almost jump from their places as they stare at the phone, listening to Jimin's voice, "Hello? Who's this?"

"Uh hyung, I'm- I'm Jake," The boy speaks, "Aera's friend."

"Jake? What happened, why would call me right now?"

"Uhm Jimin hyung, it's about Aera, can you please come to my apartment right now? It's really important..."

The line falls quiet for a moment and the boys exchange confused glances, almost going to ask if Jimin is still there or not, "Will you tell me what happened?" Jimin finally speaks.

"Aera's here." Clay says, "We'll tell you everything hyung, just please come here. She needs your help."

"What do you mean she's there?" Jimin says, making the boys gulp at the heavy voice, noticably coated with concern and confusion.

"We'll tell you once you come here hyung, please."

"Okay fine, I'm coming."

"Thank you," Jake smiles in relief, "But please don't tell Jungkook hyung anything right now, he'll kill us."

"What- okay fine." Jimin sighs, "I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

________

Jimin pulls his t-shirt down his neck, shaking his head and straightening it further down his waist, before putting on his jacket while his mind contemplates if he should wake his wife or not. However he sighs on seeing her moving a bit and waking up on her own, probably by his shuffling movements around the room.

"What happened? Where are you going?" She asks, looking puzzled as three in the morning is not a time someone prefers a morning jog.

"Uh Aera's friends called, seems like there's a problem." He says, "I'll call you if it takes time, and please don't tell Jungkook anything yet. I'll see what's happening."