Chapter 53: Brunch

Cole's Pov

I wake up when I hear my phone ringing.

"Hello", I receive the phone half asleep, without noticing the name of the caller.

" Hello, are you still sleeping, it's 10:00 am", It's Luna's voice, why she is calling early in the morning?

"Hey, Good morning", I reply, yawning.

" It's Sunday Cole it's brunch day", Oh God I forgot its Brunch day, first of all, I forgot it's s Sunday.

"I am so sorry Luna, because of all this going on in our family, I forgot it's Sunday",

" It's okay I understand", she tells me.

"Hey, if I rain check on today's brunch", I ask her.

" Why?",

"Because of Sarah, I think she might need me, actually I just want to be there for her, you know I really feel guilty, she was going through a life-changing phase, and she felt uncomfortable to talk to me, I feel like I am bad brother", Now when I think carefully. I remember once Sarah went on a date, and I assumed it was a boy, I even didn't think that her date might be a girl. And I really feel stupid and bad for that mistake.

"You are a good brother Cole, don't ever doubt that, Sarah must have her reasons not to tell you, that she is gay", she tells me.

" And it's okay if you can't come today for brunch, I understand", she adds.

"Thank you for understanding",

" Your Welcome, Love", she says, and hangs up the call. I don't know how, but whenever she calls me love she takes my breath away.

........................................................................

"Good Morning", I wish Sarah, who is pouring coffee in a mug.

" Good Morning", she replies.

"Where are Mom and Dad?",

" Dad is covering the shift in the restaurant for his friend", she tells me.

"And Mom?",

" I don't know", she shrugs.

I sit on the chair of the dining table," Sarah, why didn't you tell me, you are gay, did you think I would judge you",

"No", she shakes her head, I was confused at first, but when I became sure, I thought I will tell you at the right time",

"Okay, so when are you introducing your girlfriend to me?", I ask her with a smile.

" Soon", she sits beside me. "Hey, do you think Mom will accept me?",

" Yes! She will come around, don't worry", I assure her.

The doorbell rings and interrupts our conversation.

"I will see who it is", I tell Sarah, and I  get up from my seat and walk towards the door.

I open the door," Char", and it's Charlotte with a box in her hands.

"I was in the neighborhood, so I came to say hello with cinnamon rolls", she tells me, and walks past me, inside my house.

"Good, we were just having breakfast", I tell her, and I go behind her.

" Good Morning Sarah", she wishes Sarah and places cinnamon rolls on the table.

"Good Morning, will you have Coffee?",

" Yes of course", Char says, and Sarah gets up from her seat.

"Wait, I will get coffee for Char, I also want for myself", I tell them.

As I pour the coffee into the mug, the doorbell rings. Now, who came?

" I will get it", Char tells us and goes to open the door.

Luna's Pov

"I come bearing croissants ", I say cheerfully when someone opens the door, but my cheerfulness is short-lived when the person who has opened the door is Charlotte, not Cole.

" Charlotte!!", I exclaim in surprise. What the hell is she doing here?

"What are you doing here?", I ask, forcing a smile on my face.

" I was just in the neighborhood, so I came to say Hello", she tells me.

"Lu, what are you doing here?", Cole comes and asks.

"You took a rain check on our today's brunch, so I came bearing croissants", I show him the box of croissants.

" Then why are you standing there, come instead", He tells me, and I do the same.

He takes the box of croissants from my hands, "You know Char brought Cinnamon rolls for us",

"Oh Wow! That is great.", I say sarcastically, but I am sure Cole is too innocent to understand my sarcasm.

"Hey, Sarah", I sit at the table opposite Sarah.

"Hey Luna, have Cinnamon rolls Charlotte have brought them, they are delicious", She tells me and hands me one cinnamon roll.

I look at a box of Cinnamon rolls, they are from 'Sweet Bakes'. This bakery is not there in Cole's neighborhood. What a liar. Charlotte was not in the neighborhood, she purposely came here because of Cole.

"You remember Co, we always used to have Cinnamon rolls on your birthday",

" Yeah", Cole says and hands me Coffee.

"That reminds me, your birthday is next week",

"Your birthday is next week? Why didn't you tell me?", I look at Cole with wide eyes.

"Maybe because Co, don't celebrate his birthday", Charlotte tells me.

"I didn't ask you, I asked my boyfriend", I snap at her.

"Yes, Lu, I don't like to celebrate my birthday", Cole tells me

"Why?",

"Simply", he shrugs.

"I told you", Charlotte says with a smirk. She thinks she knows Cole better than me, but I will prove her wrong by convincing Cole to celebrate his birthday.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX