Chapter 4

Jimin POV:

I dropped down to the hard wood floor after practice ended, the sweat dripping down my face and my breathing a little heavier than normal. The dance practice today was long and I wanted to get in some extra time after everyone left for the evening. I swiped a hand across my forehead then checked the time on my phone, surprised to see it was already after 9. I had been so caught up practicing the steps I had missed during the regular practice that I hadn't even realized what time it was yet. I let out a sigh knowing that Jin would not be happy with me to know I had skipped a meal.

Grabbing a towel from my bag, I wiped my face and neck. I texted one of our drivers for a ride back to the dorm then picked up my bag and headed out of the room. This was the latest I had stayed in the studio in a long time and knew the other members would be worried about me. I sent a quick text to our group chat letting them know I was on my way home then dropped the phone into my bag.

By the time I made it to the ground floor, the driver was already waiting for me, ready with the door open. I climbed in the dark SUV and leaned my head back against the seat, happy that I had been driven today instead of driving. I was tired and happy that I didn't have to drive back to the dorm. Closing my eyes, I listened to the sounds of the short ride from the company building back to our dorm. The streets were fairly empty so the ride was quick and we pulled up to the dorm in record time.

Getting out of the SUV, I thanked the driver then headed into the building that housed our dorm. It was a much bigger place then the first little dorm we shared and it was hard to believe sometimes that we had come so far, made it so big. I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me ten years ago that I, a shy dancer from Busan, was going to be part of one of the most popular and well known musical groups in the world. Sometimes I still didn't believe it, but he we were. Most of us did have our own houses, but we still spent most nights at the dorm, especially lately knowing soon Jin would be moving in with Mi-suk.

The relationship between Jin and Mi-suk was not something I agreed with, but I kept my mouth shut knowing it was none of my business. I hated the idea of an arranged marriage, but Jin had explained how important this marriage was to his family. It was something I just couldn't do. I wanted to marry for love and hoped that eventually it would happen for me. However, the idea of leaving my members, my brothers was hard and something I didn't want to admit that I still wasn't ready for.

Hoseok and Jungkook were sitting at the dining table, plates of rice cakes in front of them. I snagged one off of Jungkook's plate as I passed and he gave me a halfhearted swat. "Jimin-ssi! That was mine!" He gave me a fake pout and I ruffled his hair, knowing he hated the gesture since he said it made him feel like a baby.

"Aww it's okay Jungkookie. I'm sure Jin-hyung made plenty." I sauntered into the kitchen to see Jin standing at the counter, loading the dishwasher. Although we had a cleaning service, Jin insisted on taking care of the dishes when he cooked. He insisted that it was only right since he made the mess. Namjoon was wiping down the counters and Hoseok was wrapping up the leftovers. Yoongi was nowhere to be found and I assumed he had stayed late in his studio again, something he was doing more and more often lately.

Over the last four days, Yoongi was there late every night, coming back to the doom close to 2 AM. I knew he had been struggling with the songs on his fourth mixtape, writing and rewriting them over again. After the success of Agust D and D-2, Yoongi had released a third mixtape in December of 2021 and was now ready to release his fourth. It was something completely different since Yoongi said he wanted to express himself more since he hadn't really gotten the chance to before, said that he wanted to show fans an unexpected side of him, something they had never seen before. He had kept it quiet from all of us and I was curious to see where he was going with it.