Cecil and Jessica

Cecil was getting tired of pranking everyone. Not mentally. But physically. His arms were sore and his legs had turned numb from crouching in the woods for long. They had prepared various pranks. They had taped glow in the dark spider decorations on the Athena Cabin and with a little help from a Hephaestus camper, these spiders would pop out the second the lights went out.

They painted the Aphrodite cabin a magical pink. With a little help from Sarah and Lou, Hecate campers, the pink would turn into black in 2 days. The same paint had been used for painting the Big House a magical blue that changed into a sunny yellow; and on the Apollo cabin, the sunny yellow paint they painted would turn into black soon. And the Hades cabin would have a rainbow colored roof and bright red walls with jewels embedded in it. The Iris cabin would turn a murky green.

They even had prepared paintballs in the woods for dryads and a special contraption that released fake polluted water into the lake every time someone got near it. And they had changed every mine of Ares campers into glitter bombs. Of course, they made sure that everyone would know that it was the sons of Hermes who did it. They even left a small present for Chiron. A bright orange shirt with fire patterns that read "TEAM HERMES KIDS AND LEO!!!" They prepared even more pranks, and had just decided to hide their prank stuff. And they already started leaving slight clues for the campers who wanted to find it in the future. They would spread around the word that they've hidden almost all prank stuff in a certain place for the most prank-loving camper to find in the future. He fixed the last paintball near Zeus's fist and set the timer.

But of course, the time they set is long. Two days. They would leave for home in two days. Just enough time to escape. They weren't stupid. They knew what the campers would do to them if they got their hands on the them. "Hey Trav, Con, I think I'll take a walk. My legs are numb. We'll meet near the Bunker, won't we? To hide the stuff?" Without waiting for his brothers's reply, Cecil made his way over to the beach. He plopped down on the sand and let out a contended sigh. The view was amazing. Of course it would be. Apollo, Poseidon, Zeus and even Aeolus were in a great mood. The scenery was just perfect. He closed his eyes ad enjoyed the warmth of the setting sun and the sand in between his fingers.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He was startled to hear a voice so close to him. He turned and saw her. Jessica. In the setting sun, she looked even more breathtaking. Her cute freckles and her eyes and those long strands of beautiful long curly blonde hair. He didn't need to be an Aphrodite camper to now that he was in love. She smiled at him. They had never been this close and Cecil's heart was ready to do a backflip while singing an opera. He blushed when she smiled. Yeah. He loves the girl sitting right next to him. And there is nothing in the world that will change it. "Do you ever wonder how lucky we are? Minus the near death experiences? I mean, I'm the daughter of the God who brightens everyone's day. Not literally though. You know, the haikus. But then again...." She looked at him, with bright blue eyes and he thought, You know, you're my sunshine.. Not Apollo. You make my days bright. But from the look on her face, he knew he had said that aloud. He quickly covered his mouth and was ready to apologise when she said "I know you like me Cecil. But.." Cecil's heart felt like it was dying to jump out from his chest and cartwheel away. He was blushing so much he couldn't look into her eyes. But he croaked out, "But what?"

She looked straight at the setting sun with an unreadable expression. "My heart has been stolen by someone else." Cecil's heart suddenly stopped it's struggle to get out. It deflated like a balloon. He plopped down on the warm sand, his eyes focused on the darkening sky, refusing to cry over someone. He is a Hermes child. He'd play it off as a prank... For he realised the truth. He couldn't live without her. If not as his girlfriend, then at least as a friend, he needed her. Before he could say anything, Jessica leaned into his ear and whispered, "His name is Cecil Markowitz. " His brain must have turned into mush because his thought process went something like this:

Cecil that-

Wait... I've heard that name...

Mark?? Witz?

Cecil Markowitz?

Me!!

When he raised his head, Jessica was walking back to her cabin, occasionally turning back with a smile on her face. "HEY!!" Cecil yelled at the retreating figure, "Jess!!" When she turned around, he said, "TONIGHT!! AFTER THE CAMPFIRE!! A DATE!!!" She laughed and gave him a thumbs up before running towards the cabins. Cecil plopped down on the sand, laughing and covering his face from slight embarrassment. He is a Hermes camper. He pranked people. Not the other way around. But this one felt nice. He lay on the sand till his heart finished the cartwheels. When he finally calmed down, he got up, dusted the sand in his hair and started walking into the woods.