sane.

It was on this afternoon where I arrived to his house for my weekly visit on every weekend. We spent so much time together as usual, but i never thought he would take it that way. He never showed signs of being close to me. Instead he would push me away when were weren't alone and pretend to care when it was jus the two of us. I never thought what that was at the moment. I was failing to understand the mixed feelings he kept on handing to me. It was a "spur of the moment" type of thing.

Dominique's  P.O.V.

06:00am
The alarm rang as usual in the morning and it was on a Saturday. He woke up as usual and he found me wide awake this time.  He left the bed without saying a word and shot straight to the shower. I got in after him and used the bathroom as usual and left after brushing my teeth. I went to the kitchen and made breakfast for the both of us since he had to leave for his Saturday morning rugby practice. After he was ready for breakfast, he came and sat by the kitchen island table and then said a word to me. "Good morning my love." In his quiet but blood-shivering tone, that was so aggravating but still turned me on. "Hi, how was your night?" I said back sounding like a shy high school girl that had their first kiss on prom night. He looked straight into my eyes. It looked like he was exchanging words with my soul, and he was interrupted by his mother. My aunt who greeted the kitchen with her velvet scent, which signalled to us that she was headed to work and I was to stay alone for two hours until Grant was back. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed her lunch bag and left after instructing me on my daily Saturday duty, only this time she added that we do the garden together. 

07:30am
I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before he left. This feeling felt like I was watching my newly wedded husband go off to war not knowing when he'll return. He returned the gesture by fully kissing me and dragging me to wall signalling that he'd be back to finish what he had started. His best friend walked in on us and jus yelled for us to stop. "Okay guys cut it out. Grant you're late this time. I think I won't let you share a bed with him when he arrives coz that would sell this forbidden love affair to the streets." Grant and his friend Freddy are like brother's. They were so close they shared everything amongst each other.

They left the house as usual in Fred's car and they left for school practice. I got several texts from him 20 min later, and I couldn't stop smiling as I was washing the dishes and cleaning up the house.

Two hours later

I took a shower afterwards and then got dressed and went outside to bake in the sun with a white glass of wine and listen to some music. As my favorite song played on the sound system, Fred's car came in the yard and parked at its usual spot, but as I looked deeper into Fred's car Grant wasn't in it. I started panicking a bit but I didn't want to show Fred. He stepped out the car and dropped of Grant's sports bag next to me and he read the look of worry and defeat on my face and said, "What's the matter baby? Are you okay?"
I jus shook my head seeing that he already read my face and as I was about to answer he quickly cut me off and said, "Don't worry he'll be back shortly. He stopped by the mall and had to get some supplies for tonight, that's all."
My face was at ease as I took the bag and stood up as we walked inside the house and sat by the lounge as he shuffled through my playlist. We sat there and soon and he said something that i never expected from him, and that made me turn my whole body to face him as he repeated it again. "It should've been me." Things went silent for a couple of seconds and I responded by asking him a question, "what do you mean it should've been you?" As I sipped on the last ounce of my wine. He told me that he loved me but he had to let me go and that i should come  to him.
"This must be some mistake, you know I'm in love with Grant." He kept quiet and stood to leave.
I watched him walk out the house and I stood up to go to the kitchen and wash the dishes and as I was done I prepared a snack for me and had to wait for Grant to come home. As I sat down in front of the tv my phone rang and it was a text from Fred and it read "I'm really sorry. I felt like I am confusing you and I can see that you're happy with him, but I'm not sure if he's right for you."
I read the text back to back for a whole 5 minutes and I pictured Fred saying this to my face and I could smell him and feel his breath brush up against my skin.
I drifted off to sleep as I was thinking about the text that Freddy sent and all i could think of was how it would've been if it was Fred instead of Grant. I could see that things would've changed a lot and things would've been different between me and Fred coz i know he's totally different from my cousin Grant.

Hey readers, I know that this chapter was short but it was there jus to give you the break-down of what to expect. So please continue reading and enjoy this beautiful journey with me.
_ubis.