xi

After narrating the whole incident to Vishnu, Ashwin felt everything settle down on his shoulders. The gravity of the situation, he was indirectly yet largely responsible for putting everyone in such a situation.

Vishnu stared at him in shock as he finished narrating the story, "It makes sense now. Karthik thinks you guys were responsible for his death. But I don't understand why he waited 5 years to carry this out. He could've done this years ago, why now?"

That was something bothering Ashwin as well, "Therila. Maybe he wasn't in a position to hurt us those 5 years."

Vishnu nodded and said, "Good point, antha angle lenthu think panni patha, ethavathu clue kidaikum."

Just then, Ram came hurried inside and said, "Sir, we caught Pranav trying to sneak out from the back. We've restrained him sir."

"Good. We'll question him tomorrow," Vishnu turned to him, "Ashwin, maybe until we find Karthik, Sivaangi should be with you."

Ashwin nodded, "Yeah naane atha thaan solla vanden. I'll keep her safe."

Ashwin went inside his room after Vishnu left to find Sivaangi already asleep in his bed. Just as he was going to settle in bed himself, Sivaangi stirred in her sleep and after some squirming cracked open an eye. Ashwin gave her smile as she sat up. Everything that happened crashed on to her, and she looked up at Ashwin.

"Don't worry, Avan inga illa. He's under police custody."

Sivaangi visibly relaxed as she heard that. Ashwin got up and sat next to her and asked,

"Are you feeling okay?"

Sivaangi nodded, "Fine than. Kai mattum konjam valikudhu," she outstretched her hands to let him see the bruises on her wrist.

Ashwin gingerly grazed his fingertips over her bruise, anger flew through his body. "Seriyana paithyakaran."

Sivaangi sighed and leaned back, feeling very tired.

Ashwin held her hand comfortingly and asked, "Enna achu nu solla ready ah? You don't have to if you don't feel comfortable."

Sivaangi nodded her head and said, "Illa perusa lam unnum alla. Avan room ku vanthan, appo enga amma phone vanthuchu. Avanga than sonanga Kavya-ku anna illa nu. Aparam he.."

"Enna?"

Sivaangi recollected the whole ordeal of him hurting her, feeling his grip on her tighter.

Ashwin sighed, "I'm sorry, nethiku nee pogum bothe naa solanum nu nenechen.."

Sivaangi smiled lightly, "It's not your mistake. Naan than romba gullible ah irunthuten."

Ashwin said, "Nee yen aana appove phone panala."

Sivaangi shifted in her seat, "En phone innum Vishnu kitta than iruku. En kitta irunthathu en professional buisness phone, athula unga number illa."

Ashwin nodded and Sivaangi looked down at their entwined hands.

"Neenga yen nethika solala?"

Ashwin's breath hitched. The reason why he didn't trust Pranav was because he thought he was jealous. That's why he didn't say anything to Sivaangi. He didn't want her to keep her from anything because he was jealous. But now he knew he didn't trust him because he had a bad vibe and not because he was jealous. But how was he supposed to tell her that?

"Ashwin," Sivaangi broke his train of thoughts. "Enna achu? Nethiku yen solala."

Ashwin let go of her hand and stood up abruptly facing the wall. His mind was racing with all thoughts of all sorts. He could lie, get out of this situation. But he didn't want to, he wanted to indulge into this.

Sivaangi was angry. She felt like an idiot. Always trusting people and not knowing what was going on in their mind. She wished she could be as skeptical as Ashwin. She got up, and stood in front of him.

"Ashwin, enna achu? Sollunga," she said firmly. She was answered with silence, and she grew even more frustrated.

"Naan than inga loosu. Yaar enna sonalum nambideren," Sivaangi said indignantly.

Ashwin turned to her and said, "Sivaangi puriyama pesatha. Do you really think I'd do that to you?."

Tears blurred her vision, "Athana ippa panringa. Avalo nalvarnu nethiku yen solala nu sollunga."

Ashwin's words stuck at his throat, "Just thonala, athunala solala."

Sivaangi felt a pang in her chest. She sniffed and said, "Oh. Apadiya. Seri okay."

Guilt flew through him as he saw her pained expression.

She cleared her throat, "Naa en room ku poren."

Ashwin's eyes widened and he caught her wrist, "Sivaangi, kozhandha mathri pandha. It's not safe for you to be alone."

Sivaangi glared at him, "Ungaluku enna vanthuchu."

Ashwin was growing frustrated now, "Don't be ridiculous, Sivaangi."

Sivaangi scoffed, "Ridiculous? Me? Ungala mathiri mansula irukarthu maraika ennala mudiyathu."

Ashwin fell silent and he didn't know what to say. Sivaangi continued,

"Ennaku ethavathu aachu na neenga yen patharinga? Yen bayapadringa? Sollunga?"

And then Ashwin snapped and said indignantly,

"Because I love you, damnit."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hi hi makkale!

i know this is a really short chapter but this is more of a filler, to set up for the next chapter.

hope you enjoyed the fight between them 😁

leave a comment if you liked it and thank you so much for reading.

love,
sai.