25: Home?

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Here. We are almost there, just a bit more." The older man encouraged the brunet who was almost sleeping while walking with his support. 

They soon reached a decent-looking house and soon after the older shuffled in his pocket of the coat that was on Taehyung's shoulders.

Taehyung slightly opened his eyes on the little nudging but closed them again on the realization that the kind man grabbed the key from the coat pocket.

The door soon opened and Taehyung was gently pushed inside, his bag in the older's hand who quickly guided the brunet to sit on the nearest couch after the latter removed his shoes with a little struggle.

The old man heaved out a long sigh, lightly panting as he finally settled Taehyung on the couch and placed his bag on the table.

"Wait, I'll bring some warm milk for you." He quickly stepped back and disappeared into the kitchen that was on the left side. On the right side, Taehyung could see two doors and one on the back side of the couch, near the stairs.

With slightly blurry sight, Taehyung lightly scanned the house before closing his tired eyes once again. But soon, he felt a soft hand over his forehead making him flinch at the touch.

"Sorry young man. I was just checking your fever, it's quite bad. Here, have some warm milk, and then change your clothes." He showed a cup of milk.

"No, I don't-"

"Don't you even dare to deny. You look totally exhausted and starved. Come on." A stern yet concerned tone stirred something up in Taehyung's heart and he found himself bringing the warm cup to his lips to feel better.

Warm milk rolled over his tongue so smoothly, wetting his dry and sore throat.

The old man again disappeared, this time to the room on the back side of the couch while Taehyung drank the milk and again felt a soft touch over his still-cold hoodie as he removed the coat.

"Come with me. You need to change and bathe. This room is our guestroom, so just come on.. hurry up!" Taehyung blinked lazily but found no reason to deny the offer now. His body indeed was waiting for this. So, he followed the other who had a gentle and secure grip around his shoulder, just in case he again stumbled.

The room was spacious and well-settled with a white theme.

"Um, do you have some clothes in your bag?" Taehyung lightly nodded but regretted it at the strong throb.

The older one quickly opened the bag in front of the brunet and grabbed a white tee with a brown sweater and some pants.

He entered the bathroom to run the warm bath and then helped Taehyung to the bathtub.

"You can do from there on, right? But still, if you need my help. I'm right there. Feel free to use anything."

"But-"

"No buts. Just do as I say. You've no idea, how much I wanted to meet you again. well, not in this condition though." Older muttered under his breath the last sentence. His heart did break seeing the kind soul in so miserable condition.

"I saw you limping that day, you got hurt because of me. I wanted to pay off my gratitude to you. So, please accept it." Hearing those gentle words, Taehyung slightly smiled again.