CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

UNKNOWN NUMBER📱📱

"How was work Baby?" I ask Ace as he walks out of the closet wearing grey sweats that hang dangerously low on his hips showing off his sexy abs and beautiful defined V that disappears into his sweats. His muscles flex as he walks up to me. Making me drool a little. God this man is the true definition of a Greek God. He smirks at me knowing I'm ogling his body. " Is your little mind objectifying me?" He teases me. " Shut up Ace." I scoff facing the other way, I hear him chuckle. " You never told me how your day went." I ask again changing the topic. " It was fine Doll just a little stressful." He admits. "But just paper work this time nothing I can't handle so you can relax." He adds. I give him a skeptical look not believing him, He knows I hate it when he overworks himself. "Really?" He kisses my cheek. " Yep, Baby trust me." Trying to convince me. I let it go for now. "Okay." I see him breath out a sign of relief. "Did you eat dinner?" He asked. " I should be asking you that, I did after we got home but I know you didn't." I tell him. "I already had dinner."He tells me. "Where?" I ask. "After work an old friend of mine decided to treat me out for some steak. Who I'm I to decline such a generous offer ." He says. I switch off the lights getting into bed resting my head on his chest while he wraps his hands around me. "How did it go with your mom and Josh?" He asked. " It was really great they weren't picking up my calls because they we're ashamed they let everything happen right under their nose." I sigh adding. "But I told them it wasn't their fault, I should have said something and not just deciding to run away. I told them it was water under the bridge then we decided to have lunch till I went to the bathroom and bumped into sister she apologized but I just left without saying anything then mason showed up. Mom invited him to join us but Josh wasn't having any of it. He was pissed some words were said and I just decided to leave." I finish. "That was a lot." He chuckles.  " You have no idea." I reply. " I'm glad your back to talking terms with the both of them." He says. " Me too, I'm tired Goodnight Ace." I feel him kiss the top of my head." Goodnight Doll."why didn't I tell him about the strange text?

*****
"This is complete heaven Bubble." Josh says as he moans over the burger his having. He called me in the morning and told me  we should meet at Bob' diner a cute little hippie diner close to the mall. Not my words but he did say they have the best burger's ever. Three hours later Becky and I are trying the burgers not gonna lie they are drool worthy but I'm not going to let him know. "Jesus Christ it's like this fries are dipped into some secret magical oil." Becky gushes over the fries. Making me roll my eyes."Don't you think your exaggerating a bit too much. Secret oil really?" I asked. "I'm not, Are you sure we're eating the same thing?" She continues. "Oh don't mind her Becky she knows this is amazing she just doesn't want to admit it." He catches on to me. "Shut up bear." I retort back while Chomping the fries. I'm not ready to admit it but damn Becky is right they must use some secret magical oil. It takes everything in me not to make any noises too.

As we eat our lunch chatting a little I get a call I look at my phone but it's an Unknown number. I pick up putting it against my ear. " Hello." "Hello." All I hear is a faint breathing at the end of the line. "Hello, I can hear you breathing please speak up." I say but whoever it is says nothing I look at the phone to see if it's still on or maybe the place didn't have service but to my surprise it had. They just weren't talking. " Hello?" I try again but it was quiet, after a trying to get them to talk for a couple more times they hang up. " That's weird" looking at the number  " who was that?" Bear asked. "I don't know, Someone just called but didn't say a word." I tell them. " That's weird are you sure you don't know them?" Becky asked with a questioning look.
"I swear I have no Idea it's an unknown number too." I tell them." Let me see it." I hand my phone to Josh he goes through it. "They either using a telephone  or an  untraceable phone because I can't trace it." He says. "What the hell is this some military shit or something. untraceable  phone really?" She says scoffing a little. "But maybe it was a mistake." She adds. "Yeah I guess " I say. "Just make sure to tell me if they call you again." He tells me giving me back my phone.

I nod my head agreeing. I'm sure it's nothing but this nagging feeling at the back of my head tells me there's much more to it but I shrug it off for now. " Heather." People sure love to call me when my back is facing them. I turn around to the familiar voice and my gaze meets the same blue eyes I saw five years ago. "Cindy." I whisper Wow she's changed. Her blue eyes her more vibrant than before. Full lips, button nose and a tan complimenting her skin the blonde hair is now shoulder length with a few streaks of brown in them, she has a sizable chest and a fit body.  I would pass her off as a model she looks beautiful. "Oh wow you look beautiful." She compliments me. " I could say the same about you." I say slowly. " Hey cin-" a new voice calls behind her we turn and find Trent looking back at us. I'm guessing they're still together how shocking I mentally give an myself an eye roll. "Uhmm, hey there." He timidly greets scratching the back of his neck. I turn back to Cindy ignoring him. " Well it was nice to see you again Cindy." I smile at her. "Wait can I have your number so we could meet up tomorrow for coffee." She asked hesitantly. We quickly exchange numbers. " I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I smile giving her a small wave. She walks back to Trent whose gaze was still on me with a sad expression. I turn back to our table and I find Josh glaring at Trent. Josh your eyes will pop out if you keep glaring at our siblings. "I can't stand him." Becky snaps."His my brother but I can't believe he did that." He sighs. " Guys let's not talk about it." I tell them.

Who do you think called heather?
I hope you enjoy this chapter sorry for any mistakes if you find any.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Byeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋👋👋 till next time💖💖💖💖💛