-(10)-

The drive gave me such a headache as Niccolo and Luca wouldnt stop singing the whole way and the smell of fast food filled the car

The drive gave me such a headache as Niccolo and Luca wouldnt stop singing the whole way and the smell of fast food filled the car. I put my hands on my ears and leant against Masons chest as if the singing itself gave me enough pain to jump off a building, scowling in the process. I felt his chest vibrate,  as I looked up in confusion to see Mason laughing at me. The car went silent and they all stared at Mason in surprise.

"What?", He asked with a raised eyebrow. I was so use to the stern and cold Mason, that I wasnt use to the fact that he is actually human. I smile and Everly gasps, like a big dramatic one.

"I havent seen you smile since you were like 9.", she said in surprise, as the others just looked shocked and intrigued, even Marco who was now staring at me with curiousity. I just glared daggers at her and she looked down to her shoes.

"You are a Romano. We looked down to no one, we hold out heads up with pride.", I say in the same tone as Mason, which can I just say was pretty fun to do, to sound so dark and mysterious.  They all look at me in shock, and with pride, but Marcus cringed and I rolled my eyes at him. Everly nodds her head still looking down at her feet. I shake my head at her as I look up to Mason staring into my eyes. I gave him a small smile and he returned it.

I soon fell asleep on Mason, gripping onto his suit jacket as he used his arms to hold my back and head. I was about to nod off when I heard Everly say something.

"I'm still shocked she even sat with you. She never lets anyone near her, ever. One time a boy grabbed her ass and she broke his hand and all his fingers one by one, it was so insane she got suspended for three whole weeks, my mum had to practically bed for her to not be expelled.", She said to them with excitment in her voice. I rolled my eyes with my eyes shut, something only a skillful eye-roller could do.

"WHAT? WHO DID, I'LL KILL HIM" Marco shouted, obviously not being able to suppress his emotions. I pretended to stir in my sleep and tucked more into Masons chest as his arms went tighter around me. Jesus Marco, dramatic much? I can't wait to head off to school, thats going to be so fun! Hear the sarcasm in my voice.

"Shut it now, Shes asleep right now, we can ask her when she gets home. This does mean that I am her favourite brother for sure" Mason yelled whispered. I could feel the smugness from him even though my eyes were closed.

 It was true though. He was my favourite. He reminded me of myself, even though he was a complete asshole.  After that the car went silent and I drifted off into sleep.

3 hours later

"Hey honey, I would carry you in, but my legs are dead.", Mason whispered in my ear, giving me memories of Chad when he would come and wake me up from a beating. I woke up quickly, opened the door and instantly got out, landing onto the floor with a humph as my legs were pretty dead as well.

I was internaly panicking at the thought of Chad turning up out of the blue and taking me away from the calmness. Mason got out soon and stretched his legs quickly. He went to reach out for my shoulder , but I flinched hard and took a step back, obviously still worrying. He looked hurt as he looked me up and down in confusion.