Page 18 Your face on my skin

"Ayo," Glen came to my desk after the class and proposed that we all go to the tulip field. We walked out of the class and I was completely against the idea. As we ate our sandwiches outside the cafeteria, I told Glen that his love for flowers gave him no right to take me to the those damned fields regularly. But he won't listen.
"Fine, then. Let's go," I finally agreed because I cannot care about these petty arguments.

"HAW!" We heard Fred and watched his bicycle slide down to the canal. George tried to pull it, but he fell with it. For a moment, no words were exchanged among any of us.
"Fred, that was your bicycle, mate," Glen finally broke the silence and Fred looked so tired. This was the second bicycle he lost to the waters.

"Why is it so dark? It's only three," I looked up and looked at the Sun grow dark. Oh yeah, they did tell us that we would have an eclipse this afternoon, "Guys, let's go,"
"But my bicycle..." Fred sulked as George came out of the canal and squeezed the water out of his clothes.

"Sit behind mine and stop wining! There are places to be right now"

We raced to the windmills, screaming at the top of our lungs and the farmers stared at us while working in the fields. Finally, I grew too tired and decided to stop the bicycle and lay on the fresh grass, waiting for it to be bright again. 

Slowly, the eclipse melted away and I felt the sun on my scalp as I faced the grass. I turned around and looked at the bright blue sky. It felt like my eyes were reflecting into the whole sky.

As I watched the clouds, I felt the warmth building on my skin under my hoodie, the fragrance of the tulips, the grass and perhaps your skin on the arms of my hoodie... I wonder what you would be doing right now.

-To be continued