chapter 18.

xviii.

"why are you— woah!" minjee's phone slipped out of her grasp. with one hand holding her americano and the other holding the cookie, she couldn't save her falling phone. as if luck was on her side, jungkook's quick reflexes reached her phone on time.

"i never expected to meet you this way," the male nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, a blush evident in his cheeks seeing his crush in front of him.

he suddenly felt conscious, looking at his choice of clothing which was a black shirt paired with black pants. he threw on a jean jacket over his shirt to add color to his dark-colored choices. his dark hair parted revealing his forehead. mentally nodding to himself, he extended his arm to return her phone.

but minjee's hands were full. he stopped and decided to hold it in his hand for now but his eyes couldn't help but peek at the screen which was brightened up with her instagram live still running.

'omg jungkook saved us!'

'minjee how dare you drop us like that'

'what a coincidence streamer jeonjk is here too'

'awh man i would've liked it if i fell. so i fell for you HAHA!'

"you're live?" jungkook hastily averted the camera towards the café ceiling, preventing them to look at him. he stared at minjee who unconsciously pouted at the spilled liquid on the floor when trying to rescue her phone. her mask under her chin.

minjee nodded her head as a response. "y —you can say hello if you want," she nudged her head towards her phone in his hand.

jungkook ignored her. he took the drink from her hand as his eyes searched for an available seat and luckily there was a nearby couple who just stood up from their seats. swiftly walking there with the phone and beverage in hand, he placed it on the table before motioning minjee to come.

"sit down."

she complied with his request and watched him go to the counter to ask for something. then he came back with tissues in his hand. giving half of it to her and the other one he used for the spilled coffee on the floor, cleaning it up.

her heart raced and butterflies erupted in her stomach from his sweet action. people like him still exist...

minjee turned to her phone on the table, moving the camera towards her face. her background showed jungkook who was crouching on the floor. "everyone, jeon jungkook is here."

through the screen, she saw him walking towards her table before taking the seat across from her. she nervously looked at him whilst he did the same.

minjee was tensed because this was her first time meeting another fellow streamer; moreover, her online friend, while jungkook was secretly admiring her. from her slim and pale face, her straight eyebrows, her large eyes, her nice nose, and her small lips, similar to his own.

except that she has an upper lip.

he continued admiring her without knowing the girl was recording him.

"uhm... would you like to say hello?" she questioned the still stunned male, finally snapping him out of his trance. "oh —right uh, hey guys," he shyly waved at the camera, showing his bunny-like smile on screen.

minjee remembered wanting to see that precious smile in real life and now that it happened, she stopped functioning.

a/n; one word. seven letters. whipped.