Red ~ Ch64

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

From the moment Gojo yelled a loud 'start' through the speakers, everything began to go by in a blur. Everyone ran through the gates, running down the path through the trees. Not even seconds later, the first cursed spirit was spotted. It was one that looked like a spider, hanging on a tree which was directly in our path.

Panda was the first to speak up about it before we charged into it saying,
"Looks like a small fry." I admired his nonchalance as even though I had a straight face, I was more than nervous. Maki ran ahead of me, swinging around her spear as she prepared an attack.
"Senpai, stop!" Megumi yelled, making Maki stop in her tracks without unleashing her attack.

In that exact moment the spider spirit was crushed upon impact by the force of a single fist's punch. Trees and plants were thrown everywhere as dust created a murky cloud at our feet. Aoi Todo stood at the head of the destruction, staring at us with a power-hungry grin.
"Great! You're all here!" He grinned, connecting eyes with each of us separately.

Before the man could get another word in, Yuuji leaped forward and kneed Todo in the face. With that, Maki yelled,
"Scatter!" which was indeed what happened. Following the previously discussed strategy, we ran around Yuuji and left him behind to deal with not only Todo but the others that were surrounding him.

I couldn't help but have this aching in my chest as we ran ahead. It was almost as if they didn't care about us and I could see that the others noticed it too. There was only one Kyoto student focused on us, flying up in the air where we couldn't reach her. But before I could open up my fan, Mehumi had already summoned his tamed lightning spirit bird and ordered it to take her down

We all kept running, trying not to let the Kyoto students keep us held up but before we could get anywhere, more Kyoto students came out from behind the trees. It seems as if they have only left just Todo to deal with Yuuji. At least he wasn't being overwhelmed. But the same question ran through all are minds as each Kyoto student marked their own Tokyo student to battle.

"Kamo-San, are you planning to kill Itadori?" Megumi asked with a deadly look in his eyes that made even me shiver. Though not being able to hear the man's answer, I could guess what it was. Currently, I was too busy being occupied by the blue haired girl infront of me. She held a sword in her hands and took a defensive stance infront of me.

"Gojo-San said that your his apprentice, right? What are doing joining this event?" The girl asked me, drawing her sword and pointing it me. We were just about to start a battle and she was asking me about Satoru? Why?
"He wanted to see my progress." I answered simply, hoping she wouldn't ask me any more questions.
"Quite frankly, I'd like to see that too." She told me with a slight growl as she lunged towards me with her sword.

I jumped back, dodging and weaving her attacks as much as possible. Her weapon was for close range combat, mine for long distance. We were the worst possible match. The blue head was relentless, swinging at me over and over again without letting me attack back. She wasn't giving me an opening and that fact made her smirk at me.
"Miwa's already giving you trouble?" Maki asked me, calling over her shoulder as she fought along side Megumi.

A scoff left my lips as I realised that she was watching me while also fighting her own battle. At least now I know the blue haired girl's name, Miwa. I tried to mentally come up with a plan while dodging all of her attacks. What I needed to do was create distance between us so that I could have a chance to use my fan. It wasn't fair that she could so easily make me look bad. I may be exhausted but I wasn't out of the rankings just yet.

Before Miwa had the chance to swing her sword again, I made a run for it into the depths of the forest. Maki's laugh echoed behind me as she watched me run and Miwa go after me. Timing had to be precise becuase once I ran far away enough, I had to instantly pull out my fan and strike her. Once I finally found a clearing beside the lake, I swung around to face her.