twenty-eight

Something short to start with the return.

Omniscient

"I can't do it, that whole family is fucking crazy. I wish you would have told me... She's a Jones now? They're going to war behind her! They'll kill me and you."

The Jones were an internationally known family, their name rang bells in every State. Illinois being one, NC being two. She didn't know how she ended up getting tied to Monét Jones but she did.

Although she was a therapist, her checks weren't enough to fund herself and her grandmothers hospital bill. So when Donovan Mitchell called her with a deal, she couldn't help but to take the money.

Donovan was blurred by the sixth deadly sin, envy.  He hated the Jones family, specifically the one that resides in his City. He watched the women flock to him, he watched the beautiful woman he sported on his arm. Portia was the one woman he'd crushed on for years and she finally gave him a chance, Deondre Jones stepped in and took her away from him. It was just a coincidence that his younger sister was connected to one.

He secretly couldn't stand Monét either, she was the Princess. Her father stuck around, she did well in school while he dropped out. She had awards plastered throughout the house, she was the senior class president. She was the baby while he was the oldest. He had to take care of his siblings while she got to get away with many things that he couldn't at her age. He stayed broke while she sported designer on Instagram.

From the outside looking in, Monét life was perfect, but he had no idea how she ended up with the last name Jones.

Don would consider himself lucky when he found her therapist. Coming across her laptop that she left in her old room, he looked at her google search only hoping to find something that could destroy her life. He had hit the lottery when he found out that she was now going to Dr. Smith who had a gofundme for her grandmothers hospital expenses. He had the perfect plan.

Dr. Smith had no idea that Donovan was broke, she figured he had came up whenever Monét had came across money. In reality he might've been the brokest out of each of his siblings.

"You do understand that these people have no remorse for anyone. I'm out and I'm going to tell Monét." She panicked, she was scared to even have the conversation with Don. She didn't know his ultimate goal and how this ended but she knew that she didn't want to be the reason anyone got killed.

"Bitch, I will kill you and your grandmother. Keep your fat ass mouth shut." Don anger blasted through the phone. "Continue your therapy sessions, continue gathering information for me and get her to talk about that evil ass family."

Donovan was praying that he didn't have to resort to murdering Dr. Smith but he would do anything to protect himself. He had a lot planned but it would shortly be interrupted, Melissa on the other side of the door heard everything that Donovan had said and however Monét decided to handle her brother after would be between the two. She wasn't going to address Donovan. He clearly wanted blood and she didn't know what he would have done if she stated she was going to tell Monét.