Ch 337: Six Mere Words

At that instant Lin Ye thought he was hallucinating, but he was clearly witnessing the thing that they were all searching for all this time, and it was finally within their grasp to continue their search for Skadi. Matoimaru who was by his side called out in surprise.

"Hey, am I crazy or is that an Island over there?"

He knew that he was not fantasizing and understood why Blue Poison displayed such an expression. Because "Deep Sea" did not move away, but took the initiative to approach them. Is that island the main body of "Deep Sea"?

His phone stopped ringing after more than ten seconds, but Lin Ye did not answer it , as he knew there was no one at the other end. It was not so much that Skadi was calling, as it was that the "deep sea" was baiting them. He was now standing in front of the deep sea.

Blue Poison had previously speculated that the island was a large creature from the deep sea, but Lin Ye did not find even the slightest shadow of a creature on that island. When standing in front of the island, he also felt as if he was being watched, but he was unable to accurately pinpoint where from or from what.

He tried to decipher whether he was falling for the creature's hypnosis again, but whether or not he was, Lin Ye knew they didn't have a choice in the matter.

So he took a deep breath and let it out. He then turned his head and said to the others "It seems that we've been invited to visit."

"Inviting us?" Matoimaru replied full of disbelief, "Are you kidding me?"

Lin Ye ignored her and glanced at Blue Poison.

Blue Poison had already recovered from the revelation, then thought about it nodded.

"Yes, otherwise circumstances would not be as they are as present. It wants us to get close to it," Blue Poison stated. "It must have felt the power that Miss Skyfire had just shown, but that kind of power was obviously not enough to threaten it, and it instead gave up on it's hunt. So it decided to test us for the next step".

"The next step? Did it come here in person?"

"Yes," Lin Ye confirmed, his eyes never leaving the island.

"Then can't we ignore it?" Matoimaru asked, "Can we just leave? I always feel that the island looks weird. Isn't it the body of the Deep-sea creature?"

Even as an Oni like Matoimaru felt uncomfortable with the situation they were placed in.

Blue Poison glanced at her and expressed "This is the best time for us to find Miss Skadi and the missing members of our group. Given the current situation alone, you're willing to leave them all behind just because a powerful and dangerous beast might appear?".

Matoimaru realized something from Blue Poison's words "You mean we're being targeted by it?"

"That's obvious now," Blue Poison confirmed, "As I just said, coming in person is another temptation for us. If we choose to avoid it, we'll basically be proving to it that we are powerless against it, and with that verification it will pounce on us."

Lin Ye takes a deep breath and keeps on staring at the island, "It's like how a predator would think."

"Although these large creatures are very intelligent, they still only have the mental capacity of an animal," Blue Poison looked at Lin Ye, "Doctor Lin Ye, I think we have no choice."

Lin Ye didn't even have time to reply, as Frostleaf suddenly raised her hand and pointed to the island.

"If I'm not wrong" She said slowly, "Has it already started its hunt?"