Welcome

Coach came in while we were getting ready for the game. "Alright, guys. Listen up! Some of you may have heard, two of our very own will be leaving at the end of the season. Tammy, Tommy, you guys were great additions to the team." Bombay said as everyone clapped and cheered for Tammy and Tommy. "But, that means we'll be two short. I had Scarlett recruit for me. I have trust in her to pick a good player that is eligible to play for our team. I want you all to welcome your new teammate with open arms, nothing other." He said while opening the locker room door.

Then, Aspen Johnson walked in all geared up. The team started clapping and cheering. We all knew Aspen from school. She was in mostly everyone's classes, so we're all pretty good friends already. That's another reason I asked her to play for us.

-

We all finished getting ready for the game. Right now, we had a braid train going on. Tammy is braiding Connie's hair and Connie is braiding mine. I'm sitting in front of Connie while Aspen sits in front of me so I could braid her hair.

We finished after a while and just sat there messing around.

The locker room door opened at everyone stopped taking immediately. Holy shit, I thought to myself. It's Adam Banks.

"Hey, wasn't sure if you'd show up." Coach said patting him on the back. "Yeah, whatever. I just wanna play hockey." He mumbled looking around. "Ducks, you all know Adam Banks. Treat him like you treated Aspen." Bombay insisted.

Everyone started complaining and yelling. "God, I thought we were over this!" I groaned from behind a group of people. "Move outta my way, assholes." I pushed through them. "On behalf of my ignorant teammates, I welcome you to the ducks." I nod to the boy in front of me. Charlie agrees and sticks out his hand for Adam to shake. "Cake-eater." Jesse pushes him back.

"Ooh, the Jess-man, dissin the new guy, the jesster." Averman joked. "Shut up, Averman!" Jesse yelled glaring at Averman. "It was just a joke." Averman mumbled looking down.

"Get over it, Jesse! It's getting old, come on now." I sighed looking at the boy.

"Look at you, traitor. You're one to talk. I'm not even gonna say anything about you."

"Oh, here we go. Go ahead Jesse, say something. I dare you, you little shi-"

"Enough!" Coach yelled while Connie pushed me back. "Oh, come on. Let her go. She'll stop just before he can't walk." Aspen shrugged at Connie.

"Puttin on a Ducks jersey doesn't make you a real duck." Jesse said walking out after bumping into Adam. Everyone followed some bumping into Adam, others not. I stayed behind because I forgot to tie my skates. Usually Connie does but we were so excited that Aspen was here.

"They get better once you get to know them." I said while Adam out his gear on. "Yeah, I bet." He said sarcastically. "Need help there?" He asked pointing to my skates which I gave up on. "Thanks. I kinda just forgot how to tie them." I laughed once he finished tying them.

"Nice locker." He nodded to my locker that was beautifully decorated.

It was spray painted with words like, 'Traitor, Double Traitor, Cake-eater' Words from when my team was mad at me.

Then words like, #1 player, star player, #13 rules. From times where my team decorated my locker.

"I know right? Maybe they'll do yours next. I can see it now, 'Eat dirt, Cake-eater'." I joked making him smile. "I'm going out. See you on the ice." I winked walking out of the locker room.

-

The score was 0-1, we're losing. No ones passing it to Adam either, which is a nice warm welcome for him. Coach put Guy in so I went to sit on the bench. Banks was open, right in front of the goal. "Come on Jesse, pass it to him!" I shout to Jesse over all the yells. "Come on, Coach. He'll score of Jesse passes it." I said looking towards Bombay. "Pass it to Banks!" He yelled out to the team.

Jesse passed it and Adam took it, swerving around players. He shot it and the goalie jumped to get it and missed, making the score 1-1. We all cheered, well except for Jesse.

"Goldberg, you're gonna it this one out." Coach said causing the team to look around confused. "Coach, you have my full trust, but I don't know about this." I said nervously while Adam and Charlie nodded from next to me.

"A tie isn't gonna help us. We need the win. Fulton, your our extra man. Everyone, get the puck to Fulton, that's your job."

Guy reassured Fulton then winked at Connie making me and Aspen smirk at each other. "We're taking about that later." I nudged Connie as we skated onto the ice.

There was eight seconds left and Fulton was getting ready to shoot. "Shoot it!" We all yelled. He shot it and everyone moved out of the way, scared of getting hit. Even the goalie leaped out of the way. The puck went right through the net. Leaving the final score at, 2-1

We all cheered and hugged each other. Adam skated over to me and picked me up while spinning around. "Nice job out there, Banks." I ruffled his hair. "You too, Anderson." He smiled as I jumped onto his back.

-

I just realized that I made them all neighbors but none of them played for the hawks besides Adam

Oops