Chapter Seventeen

Alessio dropped me onto the bed and I groaned. This was not how I imagined things going. Had I envisioned Alessio throwing me onto a bed I thought surely it would be either because he had just killed me and needed to dispose of the body, or that he would be joining me immediately. Getting so drunk that I couldn't walk and him throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me here, not how I predicted this night to go.

"Ho preso una scimmia!" I groaned and rolled around the bed.

(I'm drunk..)

"You're speaking in Italian?" He said clearly surprised.

I sat up and the world was spinning around me. "I've learned three phrases at that God-forsaken sex cage of yours." I said holding up two fingers and after a moment of stupor adding a third. "Come here sexy. I'm wasted. And of course; has anyone seen my gun?" I slurred before dropping back onto the bed.

"They lose their guns often do they?" He looked amused.

I laughed a horrible hyena resembling laugh that ended in a very attractive snort. "Oh you've got no idea!"

The sound of his lighter made me lift my head back up. I watched him light a cigar and crawled back up to my knees.

"Hey! You aren't allowed to smoke in here!"

He inhaled deeply and blew the smoke directly at me. "Please, enlighten me to all the laws I break on a daily basis. If this is honestly what you're concerned about-"

"I'm serious." I said crawling to the edge of the bed. "Put it out."

He laughed. Laughed until I grabbed the tie of his suit and pulled him down as hard as I could. It must have been the surprise aspect that actually made this work out. I think under any other circumstances my trying to pull him wouldn't have worked. In fact, I think it would be more likely for me to fall than him. But tonight when I pulled him he actually came down.

My name along with a few choice words slipped out of his mouth as his knees hit the bed.

"Say it again." I groaned and pulled him on top of me.

"My cigar-"

"My name you idiot." Gosh. And I was the drunk one.

"No I mean I-" He started and tried pull away from me.

"Don't tell me no." I demanded and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You aren't understanding-"

"No you are not understanding! I don't want to hear another word out of your mouth unless it's more of the sexy mumbo jumbo language of yours."

"Katherine!" He said sharply.

"Alessio!" I said equally as strong.

He put his hands on my shoulders and forced me off of him. When I tried to sit up again he shoved me down and rolled off of me. All the while sprouting off long winded curses.

"Why are you getting so mad?" I asked sitting back up.

He pulled me off the bed and pulled the blanket off.

"Holy shit the floor is on fire!" I said as he pushed me back onto the bed and started swatting of the floor with the blanket.

"That's what I was trying to tell you." He said through gritted teeth. "My cigar. If you wouldn't have jumped me like that..."