Chap. 17 - The Monkey King and his Master (1)

[Yeah, once again, I'm cutting this into two. Except this time, I'll make you wait a little bit before I publish part 2 👀 Sorry not sorry~]

Because they already booked a room in an inn, (Y/n) and Monkey left Hou Yi for the night, but they made sure to pass by his house the next morning before leaving the town.
"Hopefully, you'll get your powers back by next year." he smiled.
"Heh, of course." Monkey smiled back.
(Y/n) waved as they walked away. Hou Yi waved back and watched them go. He looked at Monkey and chuckled to himself, recalling each time Monkey was annoyed, he noticed it was whenever he and (Y/n)'s 'romantic' escapade was mentioned. He didn't say it out loud, she didn't seem to have noticed and didn't want to embarrass her but...
"Never saw him being jealous before." he said to himself as he went back inside the house, amused.

Our two protagonists were once again on their way to Guan Yin's island. Monkey pointed at a mountain range in the horizon.
"Past these mountains we'll be able to see the ocean," he said. "where her island is."
"That's great! We're almost there then!" she smiled.
"Not really. It's like two horizons away."
"Horizons aren't measurements Monkey."
"What do you mean? It makes sense. We gotta go to the mountains, that's one horizon, then once we're there, the ocean will be at the horizon, that's two. We who fly always use this measurement." he folded his arms.
"That doesn't really mean anything to us then! You can't fly- well, you can but you can't take me with you. You told me why very clearly."
"..."
Monkey didn't say anything and looked away, up at the sky. (Y/n) noticed the melancholic look on his face.
"Do you miss flying?"
"Of course I do." he sighed. "Nothing's cooler than flying Well, except maybe transforming yourself, changing your size, duplicating yourself, tricking the most powerful of beings, busting in and out of Heaven's Palace multiple times, defeating the entire army of Hell and Heave-"
"Okay we get it you're amazing! Geez!" she picked up the pace to get away from him.
'Even when he's sad he brags about himself.' she shook her head.

They walked through a large meadow with colorful flowers, bees hovering around them. (Y/n) appreciated watching them while Monkey treated them like they were mosquitoes, ready to slap one if it landed on his arm. She'd stop him before he does it though. Suddenly they heard screaming in the distance. They turned towards it and saw a rather old-looking bear demon running away from a swarm of bees, their hives in his hands.
"Should we help him?" (Y/n) asked.
"I'd say he had it coming if he's dumb enough do steal a beehive."
She hummed, she couldn't help but feel bad for him.
"Try and jump in the river!" she exclaimed, raising her hands to her mouth.
The bear demon looked at her and yelled out in shock, stopping in his tracks. Bad move, he began to get stung multiple times. Both (Y/n) and Monket winced. Finally he let go of the beehive and blindly tried to run into the river. He instead tripped over a rock and landed face first on the ground. With the bees now gone, taking their hive with them, out two protagonists approached him.

"Are you okay sir?" she crouched.
"I know you bears like honey but I didn't know it'd smooth your brain like that." Monkey said.
"That's a stereotype!" the bear clumsily stood up, both his eyes swollen, along with multiple spots on his body.
"Oof." he whispered.
"I'll have you know that this honey is a key component of a very important thing my Lord is trying to make!"
"Your Lord?" (Y/n) repeated.
"Is he a chef or something?"
"No! That doesn't matter!" he took a fighting stand. "Now that I have the Great Sun Wukong in front of me, I'll just finish the job! And I'll take Golden Cicada and bring her to my Lord!"

(Y/n) and Monkey looked at each-other with big eyes, understanding what's going on before quickly stepping away from the demon, ready to fight while at the same time knowing this won't be much of a fight considering the state he was already in. The bear demon charged at them, although he did it blindly, Monkey still had to push (Y/n) away with how fast he was going. He gestured her not to speak since the demon's eyesight was pretty damaged, she nodded. The two of them would dodge his attacks and Monkey would land a couple of hits, but this one was tough. At some point, the bear began to be out of breath, he was able to open his eyes a little bit, but even then, he could only see two silhouettes.
"Heh, you lucky bastards." he smirked. "You've pushed me to use my secret weapon!"
They frowned, confused as he took out something from his pocket.
"Nian Zhen was kind enough to gift it to me, I won't let it go to waste!"
He then threw it at who he thought was (Y/n), instead it was thrown right at Monkey, who was simply unimpressed. This wasn't the first time someone threw a potion at him, poison, sleeping gas, fire cocktails, what's it gonna be now? However, now that this projectile was getting closer, he realized that it wasn't a potion, but a little crystal ball, like the ones in the mine, and this one was fully charged.
"What the-" Poof!
The crystal hit him, shattering into a cloud of smoke.
"Monkey!" (Y/n) shouted.
"Wait." the bear demon tapped his pockets. "Isn't that the one in my right pocket? So I hit him with the-Oh no!"