Chapter 104

Around the same time, Gallahan was talking about the flower festival in Lorem,

"Say Ahhh...Oliver"

Ann brought a spoon full of bright red soup near Oliver's mouth, urging him to open up.

"..."

Oliver gulped at the sight of the red liquid steaming in front of him.

His brother on the other hand was standing behind Ann encouraging him with a thumbs up.

After closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Oliver opened his mouth, allowing Ann to feed him.

"How is it?" Ann asked eagerly, as her emerald eyes shined brightly.

For a second, the fur on his tail and ears stood still as if it was on fire from the spiciness of the soup. But he quickly regained his composure to face Ann.

"It's good.."

Oliver managed to say the two words she needed to hear before turning around to fan his tongue with his hands.

'Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot.'

As expected Ann's sense of taste was in a different dimension in contrast to his or rather anyone except herself. Since she seemed to have a high tolerance compared to others.

'How is she still standing without breaking a sweat?'

Although Oliver wanted to scream, he was not brave enough to provoke Ann. Especially when there was no one nearby to shield him.

So he did the next best thing.

That was to drag his brother in before he escaped.

"You should give some to Noah too"

Oliver suggested in the middle of saving his tongue, blocking Noah's chance of an escape. He knew that his brother was planning to skip dinner with an excuse.

But if he was going to suffer, so should his twin. It was an unspoken law.

"No, I have a tummy ache. So I was going to skip dinner toni..."

Noah started making excuses when Ann walked up to him and stuffed a spoonful of soup inside to shut his mouth.

"All the more reason to eat"

She said, genuinely thinking that it would be bad to sleep with an empty stomach while having a tummy ache.

"Ugh.."

Noah crunched down on the floor on his knees holding his throat next to Oliver feeling like he had swallowed molten lava.

With teary eyes, he watched as Ann picked up the spice sprinkler to supposedly add more Killium spice to the already flaming liquid, which could no longer be considered food. Because she clearly intended on killing everyone present.

'Did he have such a bad stomach ache?' Ann wondered, seeing Noah lying on the ground before turning her attention back to cooking.

"I'm gonna just add a teensy bit more spice..."

Ann said as she twisted open the cap of the sprinkler and raised her hand over the pot.

'More?'

The twins felt their souls leave their bodies.

But before Noah and Oliver could say something to stop Ann, the conversation about the flower festival had captured her attention.

"Who would reject a flower from a beautiful girl? Haha.. Isn't that right Sir Kalan?"