XXXVI. The Taste of Death

Frederica can be seen riding the dragon carriage with Rem and Petra on it as they leave the mansion, per Subaru's request.

"An ironic ending, huh?" Subaru asked. Beatrice grabs her gospel and hugs it.

"Did you get that from your precious book, too? Everything you say, comes from that book. You have no will of your own. That's what you're saying, right?" Subaru added.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Beatrice replied.

"You are really are stubborn. It's gonna be a chore getting you out of here." Subaru said.

"Getting me out? What are you talking about, I suppose? I never asked you to take me from--" Beatrice was stopped by Subaru.

"Is that even possible to make Beatrice-sama herself out of her room and out of the mansion?" Otto asked with a bit confused look on his face.

"Subaru-kun can do it! I believe in him." Rem said.

"You sound like he's gonna make me go out of the mansion so easily, I suppose. Well, he may have done some amazing things against the Witch Cult before, but doing something that is against me will be very difficult, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Better not estimate Baru, Bea-chan!" Typhon said.

"Bea-chan?" Roswaal asked.

"Looks like you didn't expect to hear that. Isn't everything I do written in that book?" Subaru asked and Beatrice starts to look on the pages of what Subaru said to her.

"Quit clinging to that book. When you're talking to me, look into my eyes, not at some book!"

"N-No!!" Beatrice cried after Subaru yelled and takes the book away from her. He looked at the pages and he was surprised to see that all of the pages on them were empty.

"Empty...?" Emilia asked.

"Wait! Then why is she so worried about it getting read out by Subaru? No, I think there is a different way for her to read the texts to it." Julius said.

"Perhaps it could be true." Wilhelm said.

"What are you trying to hide, Beatrice-chan?" Mildo asked.

"Who gave you permission to call me in such a weird way, I suppose?!" Beatrice angrily asked.

"*sobs* Uwa... Uwaaah!! Mommy!! She made me cry!!" Mildo cried all of a sudden.

"Shut it, Mildo! We are inside the Library!" Lucas warned.

"Yeah, yeah! Enough with the big crying stuff!" Petra added.

"It was some time ago... when that book stopped showing my future. Many years now." Beatrice said.

"You mean, there was really a text that tells about her future but..." Felt uttered.

"It stopped because of what...?" Mimi asked.

"This is strange... From someone who once helped Subaru-kyun in the past before..." Ferris said.

"What kind of secrets we'll get from Beatrice-sama this time...?" Kadomon asked.

"To maintain and curate this library's knowledge is what my contract demands, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"A library of knowledge?" Subaru asked.

"She enjoyed storing up knowledge more than anything else." Beatrice said.

"Beatrice... You're a spirit contracted to Echidna, aren't you?" Subaru asked and he starts looking at the book once again, Echidna, on the other hand, has a gloomy mood on her face after Subaru asked her the question.