Chapter 29: Rite of Descension

Diluc's POV

~ Time skip, at Liyue ~

" We arrived earlier because of you, I still got time to retouch. Thank you so much, Diluc. " She told me with a chuckle.

" Hmph. Is it really necessary to be too beautiful when meeting with a god? " I asked looking at her in front of me as I slowly get off the horse and secured it.

" Of course! I need to be the prettiest to get his attention. He only descends once a year and last year I wasn't able to see Rex Lapis because I was at Mondstadt. " She told me with a chuckle, I sighed and helped her off safely. We then went to the Tavern where there are a lot of people inside, and we saw Charles busy with papers.

" How's business doing here at Liyue? I guess it went pretty well. " I asked him, Charles smiled and nodded.

" Master Diluc, great news. The people Liyue kept ordering expensive wines to be offered to Rex Lapis himself, especially at this hour. Our economy here at Liyue tripled, it seems it can compensate the loss we had back at Mondstadt since the Stormterror incident. " Charles said and I nodded.

" That's good to hear, bet you need some help here with a bunch of customers. I'll stay here for a while before heading back to Mondstadt. " I told Charles, he then sighed in relief.

" Oh, Thank you so much Master Diluc. I really needed that. " Charles said with a laugh.

" Take this, (y/n). Offer it to the Lord of Geo, as a token of my gratitude for... saving you. " I told her handing over a bottle of wine without looking at her. I heard her chuckle and she immediately pulled me by my arm and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

" Thank you, Master Diluc! " She happily said and went out of the tavern with the bottle of wine I gave her. My eyes still widened and my body still frozen like ice, once her figure finally disappeared I finally regained my composure and stroke my cheek where her lips touched. I glanced at Charles who's currently smirking at me, I just sighed and ignored him.

" That was the friendliest kiss I ever saw in my entire life. " He said with a laugh, I then glared at him.

" How friendly of Lady (y/n). " He continued and kept on laughing.

" I get it Charles. " I said with a groan and just ignored his laughs.

Lumine's POV

" Whoa! Look at all the people! We gotta get up front! We can't see squat back here! " Paimon told me and she shamelessly flew in front of other people. I sighed and squeezed myself into the crowd.

" Hey look! Isn't that Lady (y/n)? " Paimon said. We saw her placed a bottle of wine, and turned her attention to another woman that looks like her.

" Oh, so that must be her sister that Master Diluc spoke of... " I heard Paimon muttered. (y/n) and the woman looked at the sky and at each other. (y/n) then nodded.

The woman took a step forward, " The hour is upon us. " she said. (y/n) bowed at her and went with the crowd, the ritual then started.  A bright yellow beam pierced through the sky. Paimon and I looked at it with awe.

Your POV

I started looking around to see Lumine and Paimon, I was about to approach them, until I noticed the surroundings turning dark, I tilted my head up to see the skies turning black. I ran towards Ningguang, my eyes widen when I saw Rex Lapis falling from the sky

" Watch out! " I yelled at Ningguang and grabbed her by her arm to pull her away before Rex Lapis crashed unto ground. Ningguang and I looked at each other, we both went to check on Rex Lapis. I was about to touch him when Ningguang stopped me. " Don't. " She said and kneeled to get a better look at him. I can hear the people whispering.

Ningguang stood up, " Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits! " Ningguang told everyone, a group of Milleliths started rushing in. My eyes widen and my mind started to panic, I tried to stay calm, but I couldn't ignore the thought of Zhongli.

" No... It can't be.  " I muttered to myself, falling into my knees.

" Milady, you should stay somewhere safe. " A Millelith told me and helped me up.

" Zhongli... " I said and hurriedly ran away from the scene. Trying to keep my tears from falling.

" (y/n)! " I heard Ningguang called out for me. I turned around real quick to look at her.

" Don't worry about me! " I said and immediately went to search for Zhongli.

' I know he's alive. I can sense him. ' I thought as I kept on running, until someone pulled my arm and gave me a hug. 

" Hey, welcome home. That's it, you better hurry up because Zhongli's on his way to Liuli Pavilion. " He said with a chuckle.

" H-He's... Thank you, Childe. " I told him with sighed in relief and just let my tears flow out of my eyes.

" Hey, what's up with those tears? " He asked and laughed at me. I quickly hugged him and started heading my way to Liuli Pavilion.

When I arrived at Liuli Pavilion, I saw a man and a woman at the entrance. " Lady (y/n), welcome. Have you booked— "

" Is Zhongli here? " I asked them, cutting them off. They both nodded and opened the door for me. I went inside and saw no one. My started to worry again and started searching everywhere. I can feel my eyes sting again, I couldn't help it.

" Are you lost baby girl? " A familiar voice whispered to my ear, I then felt his arms wrapping on my waist. I immediately turned around to face him. He gave me a low chuckle, I just stared at him with teary eyes.

" Y-you had me so worried. How could you— "

" I miss you, (y/n). " He said with a hug, cutting my words off. I buried my face on his chest and hugged him back.

" I was so worried, I thought you—! " I yelled at him when the door opened, I immediately held my tongue, Zhongli just chuckled and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

" Let's go, it must've been Childe. " He said, I fixed myself, took a deep breath and followed him.

" Hi, I'm back. " We heard Childe said, he brought Lumine and Paimon with him.

' I completely forgot about them. ' I thought.

" Lady (y/n)! You made us worry! You just ran off like that! " Paimon yelled at me.

" Ehe. " I just gave her an awkward chuckle and scratched the back of my head.

" What do you mean 'Ehe'? " She yelled.

" And you Mr. Zhongli! " Paimon said, Childe then chuckle.

" Oh, so you all met with each other? Guess the world isn't that big. " Childe said a smile.