w e l c o m e: rules, payment & criteria

hello everyone!

if you want a detailed review, here are the rules: (read the bold if you're lazy)

✿ please don't pm me regarding this reviews book. if you still have any inquiries after reading the following rules, just comment.

✿ i'm also doing this to support writers, so i'm going to vote and comment on your story! i'll always be available thru the comments section and my tips corner for further help too.

✿ i, myself, am not a professional writer, and i'm still learning. i'm not being conceited or arrogant; i just want to help you (if you want) improve thru constructive criticism. you also don't have to follow my opinions, but trust me with the technicalities.

✿ i can't believe i'm making this a rule, but due to a bad experience with some young writers, i'm only accepting 16+ writers. i'm sorry. NO EXCEPTIONS. don't ask me to make an exception for you.

✿ only english stories.

my fave genres:

romance, teen fiction, humour and such.

i'm okay with explicit content, especially if you've used it to boost the story's emotions! with gore, not so much.

will not review at all:

no fanfiction,
no fanfiction,
no fanfiction,

especially continuation of shows, PLEASE.

paranormal, historical, indian fiction, hard science fiction, and mafia aren't my cup of tea.

not experienced in/not preferred:

sci-fi, short story, and fantasy.

i barely read LGBTQ stories due to personal preference, so i might not be the best at reviewing them.

✿ if you don't take writing seriously and don't care how your book is like, please don't waste my time writing a 1K+ words (lately, i've been exceeding 2K words to help even better) condensed review. fix your mistakes after every review you get before me too--don't make me re-mention them. if it's just reads and votes you want, don't bother requesting here.

✿ try to pass your manuscript by a proofreading app before submitting it to me or any other reviewer. this will help us focus on more important things like the plot without the grammatical distractions. from now on, i'm sorry; i'm going to decline poor grammar or paragraphing that's not comfortable for my eyes. i'm not going to review a story that's never been proofread. grammarly is a simple example that's available on phone and pc.

please don't embarrass me into rejecting your application due to uncomfortable grammar or formatting 🥲

✿ no book length restriction. i'll read as much as i enjoy, usually 5 chapters. no more than 3 chapters if i don't enjoy it. please don't expect me to read your whole book then get disappointed. i have a life.

✿ be patient. i can finish a review in a day, and i can need up to two weeks too. depends on the book and how much time it needs.

✿ all reviews will be published in this book. show some sort of appreciation on your review. at least say thank you. i will have worked hard for it.

✿ i might make a few comments pointing out some obvious, easily fixed mistakes. delete those if you want.

p a y m e n t

after i write your review, i'll notify you to do the payments. this is to avoid anyone doing the payments, and then i can't do their review for whatever reason, especially rejection. please don't embarrass me into reminding you of them. your review will be published after you're done.

✿ add this book to an appropriate public reading list. appreciated if you help it with some votes too!

read at least FIVE (5) chapters of my work "The Aristocrat's Daughter", or "Before We Bond" if you're uncomfortable with mature content, with votes and comments to prove you read until chapter 5. i will not tolerate fake reading. it takes me a lot of time to help your book, so i need help on mine too.

we're not obligated to read each other's books, so don't be salty about it and just don't request.

tag someone you know needs a review.

✿ (optional) follow me if you want. you can also dedicate a chapter for me to make me smile 🤗

these payments shall be repeated with every request from the same writer: read 5 more chapters, shout-out again and tag another person.

the requesting form is in the link in my bio. i've made it that way to keep things clean and concise. however, i'll only have three slots now, so comment on one of the following lines to reserve a slot (don't re-comment) then fill the form:

💖

💖

💖

c r i t e r i a

every mark you lose will be justified. you'll see examples, explanations, and suggestions for the utmost help. good luck!

✿ first impression: title, cover and description (15)

✿ plot (20): originality, execution, events, inciting incident, pace, clichés, worldbuilding (my opinions here will usually be short and not so informative because i won't read the whole storyline to judge it)

✿ characters (20): distinguishable, unique, dialogue, relatable, balanced

✿ grammar (15): self explanatory. i'll provide grammatical explanations

✿ writing style (30): flow, pov usage, tense hopping, descriptions, word choice, structure, engagement

✿ bonus (5): aesthetics. depends completely on my artistic taste.