03. A CUTE MESS

GOY2
CHAPTER THREE: A CUTE MESS

GOY2CHAPTER THREE: A CUTE MESS

"when is a door not a door?"

"when is a door not a door?!" the group of four stood in deaton's office, the three youngest of the group staring up at the man attentively. aurora's palm was wrapped tightly around stiles', her back towards the puppy eyed boy who peered over her head to watch deaton. the older man was telling them about stiles' not a dream, but a dream, dream.

aurora was confused too.

"when it's ajar."

rory snorted, "punny."

"you're kidding me. a riddle?" the raven haired boy groaned, looking down at his angel before shifting his attention to scott, who had solved said riddle. "my subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?"

"not necessarily." deaton disagreed. "when the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of super consciousness..." the group all gulped, aurora's grip against stiles tightening as she somewhat shifted, almost closer to scott. she hated knowing that her boys were vulnerable. "you essentially opened a door in your minds."

"okay, so what does that mean? the doors still open."

"ajar."

"a door... into our minds?"

"psh!" aurora waved her hand. "you don't n-need a door to get into stiles' mind. i can read it easy peasy."

"oh yeah?" the raven haired boy challenged, leaning down slightly to maintain their eye contact. "what am i thinking of right now—"

"doors."

"rory that doesn't count—"

"as i was saying." deaton interrupted, eyebrows pointed upwards. clearly, he was unimpressed at aurora's telekinetic skills. "i did tell you it was risky."

"what do we do about it?"

"well, that's difficult to answer."

"no, wait a sec. i know that look." stiles shifted, letting go of aurora's hand in order to cross his arms over his chest. instantly her hand came to rest at his waist, palm buried deep into the fabric of his flannel. he loved feeling her touch against him, just the simplest of things that reminded him of how tiny she truly was. "that's the 'we know exactly what's wrong with you and we have no idea how to fix it' look."

"one thing i do know is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good."

no shit.