CAPITOLO SESSANTUNO- Company

"You know I love you girl, you know I love you boy but I just can't stand you girl. Can't stand you either boy but I don't wanna see you with nobody." -Eric Bellinger & Sevyn Streeter

Sicily, Italy📍
3:00 pm
May 18th '19

"Alright... I look forward to seeing the fruits of this new partnership be bountiful for both our organisations... Khorosho, skoro pogovorim s toboy, brat, do svidaniya. (Okay, speak to you soon brother. Goodbye)."

Swiftly ending the zoom call, Gabriel loosens his tie and reclines back into his father's plush brown leather office chair. Even though he had been up since the crack of dawn and had been in meetings back to back since 6 in the morning, Gabriel was sporting a genuine smile on his face.

Despite his direct family affairs, the Mafia empire was doing exceedingly well. The young king had managed to negotiate a deal with a few drug lords from other criminal societies, which meant their territory in the US was about to expand despite the constant push back from the Cartel along with their territory in Europe.

For the first time in months, Gabriel was genuinely happy.

But there was still a brooding hollow in his heart and mind, reserved for his sisters.

He missed them terribly.

He knew that if they were here, they would have celebrated with him, Rheah being the one to pop the bottle of champagne open, Cataleya scolding her for spilling some all over the sofa.

He chuckles to himself at the thought as he scrolls through his camera roll. His nostalgic blue eyes scan through the multitude of selfies and pictures of him, his friends and his family. There were some of him and his father, various selfies and videos of him with his sisters and others were of him and Cienna.

Soon, Gabriel comes across a childhood photo he had taken of a 13 year old Cataleya combing her father's hair while a 16 year old Rheah sat beside him, treating the senior man to a manicure.

Gabriel's gaze lingers on the hallmark photo with a softness in his piercing blue orbs. He couldn't take his eyes off the broad dazzling smiles shining on everyone's faces. Antonio's grin was the biggest and brightest as he clearly enjoyed the pampering his daughters were giving him. Gabriel felt the warmth radiating through the screen, and as he continues to focus on the picture and the memories that came along with it, a sudden sense of hope and determination surges through his body like a lightening bolt.

This couldn't be the end.

Whether the family bond would ever be the same was a question for another day. But one thing was for sure, he was going to get his sisters and niece back.

Then maybe, just maybe, they would get back to the good times...

He knew it was wishful thinking, but nonetheless it was all that he had.

Exiting his camera roll, Gabriel turns to his contacts and after finding the number he was looking for, he sends a text.

Exodus

Call me.
Delivered 15:25

The young Mafia king reclines in his seat as he waits for his order to be fulfilled.

After less than a minute of waiting, the phone rings and when he accepts the call, he presses the device to his ear.

"Yes sir?"

Gabriel couldn't hide the faint sinister smirk that had stretched across his face when he registers the slight fear in the voice on the other line.