05. {stuck in a well}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"it's not just that we were friends with them- they were using us for their cover!" mason rambled.

the four were on a morning run, franchie and mason couldn't stop talking about how violet tried to kill brett and later attempted to kill scott but failed.

"i mean, professional killers were using us." mason proceeded before noticing moonee and liam's emotionless faces. "how are franchie and i the only ones freaking out about that?"

"yeah, you guys seem unusually calm." franchie agreed.

"i'm just... very concentrated to run." moonee said, "i guess it makes me upset that one of my few friends tried to kill my brother and a super hot guy."

"there we go." franchie patted her back in comfort, "doesn't it feel better talking about it?"

"not really." moonee shook her head.

"what about you, liam?"

"trust me, i'm freaking out about a lot." liam explained as he began to run quicker than the other three.

"liam?"

"liam, slow down!" mason panted.

"hey, liam!"

"liam!"

"moonee, could you?" franchie questioned as she took laboured breaths.

"yeah, okay." moonee sighed before running after liam, "liam, stop!"

although she was dreadful at lacrosse, she was an excellent sprinter. in no time, she had managed to catch up to the beta.

"dunbar! stop running!"

liam halted and turned around to face moonee. she jogged over to him and was about to start yelling.

suddenly, a large black car rushed over and came into connection with liam's body, forcing him to the ground.

"holy cow!" moonee gasped as liam tumbled to the earth. she moved over to him as he groaned in pain, "you okay?"

the car door opened, and garrett sauntered out. moonee looked up at him and groaned.

"of course it's you." she rolled her eyes, before noticing the weapon gripped in his hands, "oh-"

"hey, guys... sorry about missing movie night. don't worry- i got something else planned."

"you were invted to that?" moonee questioned, attempting to stall as he got closer to them, "i heard they watched some weird film."

"moonee." liam grunted in a warning matter.

"shut it, mccall." garrett hissed as he stood in front of her, the blade tightly clasped in his hands.

in a sudden motion, moonee kicked the boy's hand, causing the blade to fall out. she threw a punch but was quickly caught by his hand. while garrett clutched her fist, he used his other hand to knock her out, cold.