Chapter 16

Sidharth reaches the hospital and meets Bhonsale and Ranne there.
"How are they?"
"Doctors are checking them."
"What happened?"
"Sir, there was an accident. Gaikward Sir, and Kambli Sir had taken your car. A truck rammed into it."
Sidharth looks at them, " How is the driver? The new guy, Ramachari."
"He is alright. Just a few minor injuries. You left with me otherwise..", Ranne says.

"Hmm.. They have gone too far now. Did you catch the driver of the truck?"
"No. He ran away immediately. The truck too was stolen one."
The doctor comes out and says,"There is nothing to worry about.. Mr.Prabhat Gaikward's hand has broken and we have stapled his forehead. Mr.Nitin Kambli is better."
"Thank you doctor."

They go inside to find the both lying on the bed. Finding Sidharth coming, they try to sit up but he signals them to rest.
"I am sorry. It's all my fault.", he says.
"Sir, kya bol rahe hai aap. Nothing has happened to you, we are thankful to God for that.", Kambli says.
His arm and thigh are in bandages. A gel has been applied on his left side of his face. Gaikward too has bandages on his head. His left hand is in plaster.
Gaikward says,"Sir, what.. about tonight? We need to be.. ready for.. the raid.."
"You both rest tonight. Don't worry about anything."

The narrow lanes are now deserted, except for a few dogs. One could hear a few footsteps moving towards the centre of the slum. A group of men reach an old three storey chawl. They walk in the darkness towards the stairs.

Sidharth signals to enter a room right at the end of the corridor. Bhonsale and another guy break the door open and Sidharth enters with a team of police. It is a big room filled with some broken furniture.
"Sir, there.."
Sidharth cuts him short, "Shh..",
He puts the torch light on the floor. He signals them to see some footprints there. He slowly moves towards the corner of the room. He presses his foot and finds something odd. It is hollow. He kneels and presses his ears. He starts looking for something on the floor. Suddenly he stops and using his fingers, lifts a secret door.

He leads the way into a dark passage. There is light coming at the end of the way from a door. Sidharth signals the others and on the count of three, gets inside.
"Raise your hands, police.."
A guy pulls his gun and fires. Sidharth ducks and fires back to kill him. He goes inside as his team takes over the people there. As he goes inside, he finds an operation theatre setup. A light, an operation table with streaks of dried blood, surgical tools at one side and coolers to store organs.

Suddenly a guy comes at him with a surgical blade. Sidharth fires at him and he falls down instantly, screaming in pain. He and Ranne move ahead and a round of bullets blasts through the closed door. Sidharth and Ranne take cover against the wall. They signal each other and Sidharth kicks the door open and Ranne starts firing.
They find three men dead and two injured while a bald man sitting calmly on the sofa. Police enter the room and get the other men. Ranne goes and points the gun on the head of the bald man, "Bhushan on your knees."

Bhushan is a strong, tall and dark man of 50s. He wears a maroon pathani suit and black jutti.

Sidharth enters a dark and dingy room. Bhushan's hands and legs are tied as he sits on the wet floor. His clothes lie strewn at one corner. His bare body has marks on cane and his lips are swollen.
Sidharth sits in front of him on a chair and asks,"Kya re Bhushan, kahan chup ke baitha tha itne din, chuhe ke mafik?"
Bhushan gives him a smirk,"Miss kiya kya ACP? Last time yaad hai na, kaise tere naak ke neeche se apan gayab hua tha? Iss baar bhi dekh kaisa tereko ghumata hai main."
Sidharth smiles,"Right.. right.. Yes, last time, you did a great Houdini Act. Thanks to a few people who take salaries from the Government but shale, salam tere jaise do take ke criminals ko marte hai. But not this time. Nobody and I mean nobody is going to help you this time. Nahi tere pets na teri amma."