Chapter Fourteen

Genevieve

Ryan growled, interrupting me for the twenty-eighth time. "He said it was your fault?!" Ryan shouted. I just told them about the fight with Ass-er.

I reluctantly nodded. I knew that Ryan's wolf was surfacing. "Its true, though. If I accepted the rejection, then none of this would have happened." I said. We wouldn't be connected anymore.

"If you accepted the rejection, then you might not be here right now. Asher wouldn't come here. You would have died on that hospital bed," Shawn said. I sighed, knowing that what he said is probably true.

"What happened next?" Jordyn asked. She has been silent this whole time, most likely processing everything. Jordyn will take her time analyzing every detail. She will also try to see it in his point of view. I decided to ask her what she thought about the whole situation when we are finished.

"Nothing really. Ryan came in, and told us about the attack," I finished with a shrug.

"I never want to see him near my niece again!" Isaac shouted, his eyes flashing golden. It was obvious that all the men were fighting their wolves for control.

Ryan looked scarier than Jason- the dude with the hockey mask and chainsaw. Isaac looked kinda funny; since he's so little, it's funny to see him angry. Shawn knew everything already, so he was normal. And Jordyn seemed surprisingly calm. Considering that she's pregnant, I thought Jordyn would be more angry; I thought wrong.

"I never want to see him anywhere! If he comes in my territory-" Ryan growled, then continued. "I'll rip off his tail with my teeth, shove in through his left ear, and pull it out the other ear."

I shuddered at the visual. "That's... unpleasant." Laughter erupted through the room, until everyone froze. Their eyes were unfocused, telling me that they were communicating in the mind-link.

Isaac angrily growled, the noise echoing in my ears. "We'll be back," Isaac announced as he stood up with Shawn and Ryan. They silently walked out the room, leaving me alone with Jordyn.

"What was that about?" I questioned.

Jordyn plastered a smile over her frown. "Nothing," she obviously lied. I didn't feel like pressing on the subject, so I just nodded. "About Asher..." Jordyn started.

"What are you thinking?" I asked. Her thoughts on the subject of my mate were very important to me. I knew that she would be more level-headed than the guys. She took a moment to gather her thoughts. I sat on the hospital bed in silence.

"For once, I don't think you guys as mates was a good idea," she said. I nodded for her to continue. "I think he's a bad mate. Honestly, I agree with Isaac and Ryan. He should never come back here."

"Really?" I questioned. Jordyn nodded without hesitation. "Why?" I asked. Jordyn and Ryan have always been rooting for mates. That mates needed to be together. Why not now?

"I tried to see it from his view, but I just can't think of any reason for someone to do that. He stayed with you while you were in the coma, but that's all he did. He just sat in the chair next to you. Like for moral support," Jordyn explained. I listened intently, hanging on to every word. "The way he rejected you, how he slept with that girl, what he said to you, none of that is him being a good mate. And he left your side to go back to that girl, when he knew that it physically pains you when he's with her." Tears began to gather in my eyes. Jordyn paused and took a deep breath.

"I've looked for some excuse. An explanation, anything. But there's nothing that could have made him treat you like that. There's no reason for him putting you through that pain," Jordyn said softly. I let out a sob and my tears rolled down my cheeks. Jordyn whispered soothing words in my ears and rocked us back and forth while I cried. I was surrounded by her scent, and I found myself inhaling it for comfort.

When my sobs died down and my tears dried, I pulled away from Jordyn's warm embrace. "Thank you," I said sincerely.

"For what?" Jordyn asked.

"For being here. For what you said." I took a deep breath and continued. "Without my mom here, I wouldn't know what to do. So thank you," I said as I wrapped my arms around her round baby-belly.

"You're welcome," Jordyn said and kissed my head.

I pulled away from her once again. I wiped my tears and chuckled. "This is too emotional," I joked. Jordyn laughed and wiped the few tears that escaped her eyes.

"I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?" Jordyn asked.

"My mate is a basta-"

"Genevieve!" Asher's voice echoed through the castle.

I looked at Jordyn and rolled my eyes. "Speaking of the devil" I mumbled. I got off the bed and walked to the door. I reached for the handle, but it was pulled open in front of me.

Asher stood in the doorway sweaty and panting. His hair was messy, sticking out in weird angles. We stared at each other for a second before he was yanked backwards by one of the guards. "Let go of me! She's my mate!" Asher thrashed in the guard's hold. "Eve, tell this guy to let go of me," Asher said and stopped moving.

"Good evening, Princess," Scott, the guard greeted me. "Do you know this young man?" Scott asked.

I sighed and nodded at the guard. "Yes, this is Alpha Asher of the Blue Moon Pack," I explained. Scott nodded and released Asher.

"I'll be going then," Scott said and walked off like it was casual to assault an Alpha.

I looked at Asher, who was awkwardly scratching his head. "We need to talk." Asher nodded in agreement. I led him to one of the guest rooms and I sat on the bed.

"I'm glad your okay. I was so worr-" Asher started.

"Don't" I harshly interrupted him. "Don't even act like you cared for one second," I spat.

"What are you talking about? Of course I cared. And I still do care. You're my mate," Asher said.

I chuckled dryly and rested my back against the headboard. "We aren't mates."

"What?" Asher said confused. "We are mates. Don't you remember? Don't you feel it?" Asher asked while walking towards me.

I glared at him. "Yeah, I remember and I can feel it." Asher grinned, but it quickly disappeared when I continued. "I remember you rejecting me when I first saw you. And I felt you and that redhead the same day. And I felt it again today." I felt in control, my wolf didn't fight me for control. She understood my reasoning for being this way.

"Eve," Asher said softly. "I swear it wasn't like that. Just let me explain," Asher pleaded.

I got off the bed and shoved him away from me. My hands sparked, but I ignored it. "Explain?! There is nothing to explain! You rejected me, you slept with that girl. You knew what does to me, yet you still did it!" I shouted angrily.

"I didn't sleep with Wendy."

"You're just gonna lie to me now?!" I shouted in disbelief. "I fucking felt it, Asher! Don't even try to lie to me, when I felt everything!" I shoved his chest again and the burning feeling came back. He stumbled back and hit the wall. I felt my anger fading away and being replaced with hurt. "I c-can't go through that again," I said while my voice was breaking.

Asher looked at me with a broken expression. "I swear you won't go through anything like that. I promise." I shook my head, not letting myself believe anything that came out of his mouth. "Please, Genevieve. Just let me explain."

"I-I can't" I said quietly. I moved my gaze so that I was looking into his grey-blue eyes. His eyes were silently begging me to give him a chance. I took a deep breath. I won't feel anything if I accept his rejection. "I, Princess Genevieve Burke-"

"Don't Eve!" Asher grabbed my face in his hands, sending tingles through my whole head. It was burning, but it felt so good. Asher gasped, signaling that he felt it too. He caressed my cheeks with his thumbs, making the tingles stronger. Ingrid was stirring inside of me. It wasn't like anything I've felt before.

Suddenly it was too much, and my brain shut down.