Chapter 47

Chapter 47 - Graduation Play (1)

It was already dark outside by the time Chi Ying got home.

When she opened the door, the butler was the only one in the living room. She couldn't help but called out, "Xiao ChengCheng, Mommy's home!"

"Mom!"

When Chi Cheng heard her voice, he dashed out of his room like a cannonball and ran downstairs.

"Aye, slow down, ChengCHeng. Be careful not to fall." Chi Ying was a little bit worried and quickly walked over to him.

Chi Cheng had already got to the bottom of the stairs. The moment he saw Chi Ying, his agate-like beautiful eyes lit up liked they had stars inside.

He ran over, threw his arms around Chi Ying, and rubbed his face against her. With an unjust voice, he said, "Mom, I missed you so much. Grandma said you sleep with me every night, but I sleep for too long so I never get to see you."

Chi Ying gently put her arm around his little head and pulled it toward her own chest. "I am sorry, ChengCheng. It's all mommy's fault. When mommy slows down in a little bit, she will spend more time with you, okay?"

"Mom, it's okay if you don't have time. Grandma will keep me company. I like Grandma too." Chi Cheng looked up and gave her a sweet smile. "Mom, I want to see you on TV."

Chi Ying's heart tightened. She squatted down, straightened out his clothes, and mumbled, "Xiao ChengCheng, you don't need to be that mature."

Chi Cheng didn't catch what she said. He widened his eyes with curiosity and said, "Huh?"

Chi Ying dismissed the slight soreness around her eyes and smiled gently at him with a tender look. "Where do you want to go the most?"

"The zoo," said Chi Cheng without thinking. Then, in his childish voice, "I want to see giant panda, Mommy."

Chi Ying picked Chi Cheng up and, kissing his soft cheek, said, "Okay, after mommy is done with her rehearsal of her graduation play, she will take you to the zoo to see the giant panda, okay?"

***

'Tis was the end of November and only less than 10 days away from the graduation play.

Chi Ying would never forget the last three months when she was running lines with her friends even when they were walking. City C had gone from summer to winter. It was tiring, but also a worthy experience when everybody has one common goal.

Liao YaYun brought Chi Ying, Zhao Wan, Xiao Hang, and Qu YiZhe to have their set photos taken. As the male and female leads, each of them would have their own photos taken along with some group photos.

The technical department had plenty of people and was very efficient. Their promotional materials were done quickly.

Chi Ying eyes and brows were very pretty and her features were fair. That, long with the makeup designed particularly by the makeup department, made her look soul-stirringly beautiful.

In particular her cherry eyes that looked like deep ponds. They were clear, spiritual, and one look at them could enchant anyone.

Xiao Hang's short hair was slightly curled and his skin white and clear like porcelain. He was pretty like boy walking out of Greek mythology.

Zhao Wan and Qu YiZhe were pretty in their own ways. When the two of them stood next to each other, they exuded a surreal sense of romance.

The official Weibo of the film academy and each individual department's public account also reposted the pictures. As they entered into the countdown to the graduation play, all of the younger students, along with Xiao Heng's fans, shrieked in excitement.

The poster of the play was as large as the size of a wall and was posted right there next to the sports field.

Anyone who walked past it would slow down in their steps.

Chi Ying even brought home a pamphlet and place it onto of her baby's desk in the study.

Chi Cheng saw it immediately when he woke up the next morning and flipped it over front and back repeatedly.

He pointed at the picture and said excitedly to Jing Zheng, "This is Mom, Grandma. This is my mom..."

Jing Zheng spent a long time coaxing him with a smile before Chi Cheng finally put it down reluctantly, crawled out of bed, and started getting ready for school.