Set Me Free

"You have to get suppressants. And make sure you always have blockers, Taehyung. If Jungkook's scent changes even a little bit, it'll drive you crazy." Mrs. Kim instructs.

"They get it, mom. Leave them alone or they'll never come back." Yoongi grumbles, putting his plate in the sink.

"You!" She turns to him.

"Me." He responds.

"When are you going to mate that omega of yours?" Mrs. Kim asks.

"I'm not going to, mom. We're just messing around." Yoongi answers.

"Does Jimin know that?" She scolds him.

"Yes." Yoongi says as he goes back to his room.

"Well, okay, I guess." Mrs. Kim tells herself.

Taehyung reaches over for my empty plate, his pretty fingers curling around the edge as he stacks it on his own.
I hold my breath, trying not to gasp.

Taehyung's chair scratches the floor as he gets up, leaving me to gulp down my drink and chase after him.

He turns to look at me. "You don't have to follow, I've got it."

"I- I-," want to. "I've got it." I say instead, reaching around him to grab my plate.

"No. I want to do it. Can you go get my blockers while I wash these?" Taehyung asks.
"Why?" I scrunch my nose up. "We're about to go to sleep."

He looks at me, a serious expression on his pretty face.
"Isn't that when you get the most excited?"

Blood rushes to my cheeks and I run out of the kitchen.

"Wait! Kookie! I was joking." Taehyung explains, chasing after me.

I slam his bedroom door in his face, locking it and throwing myself onto the bed.

I hear Yoongi's door opening and a muffled conversation, then the doorknob jiggles.

After a moment it flies open and Taehyung launches himself onto the bed next to me, smothering me with his shirt as he crushes me against his chest.
"Don't be saaaad." He squeals. "I'm sorryyyy."

"Too tight." I complain, struggling.

He loosens his grip to let me breathe. "Okay now?"

"I guess." I grumble at him, trying to squirm loose.

"Well you have to forgive me because the author won't have anything to write if you're ignoring me." Taehyung explains.

"What?" I ask, looking up at him.

"What?" He repeats, blinking.

I sigh and lay my head back on his chest.

"Come on. You gotta get ready for bed." Taehyung nudges my shoulder.

"Let's just sleep like this. Right now. Don't say anything. We can brush our teeth in the morning." I command, nestling into his t-shirt.

"The light's still on, Kookie." Taehyung argues quietly.

"That's why we have eyelids. Shhh."

---

"Taehyung, Jungkook has to have his own room." Mrs.Kim says in lieu of a greeting in the morning, leaning over a pan on the stove.

Taehyung sighs. "Yes, Eomma. Good morning too."

"You need to turn off the lights when you go to sleep, you two. I know you don't pay the bills, but be considerate." She continues to scold.