Bad Boyfriend (3/3) || 16

Aera groans faintly, turning around in the bed, hand reaching up to her head where a deep, throbbing pain kept rising at a nearly suffocating rate. Her eyes flutter open, squinting a bit at first to adjust to the bright surrounding, giving her time and energy to gain the realization that she is not in Jake's apartment but at home; in her room; in her bed. How?

She gasps, covering her mouth as her mind replayed the chronological series of all the moments from last night. Dave... Jake, Clay... Jimin oppa...

Her body jolts up with a sudden burst of fear and a feeling of wanting to run away to some other galaxy, eyes look around hastily, trying to locate her phone, however stopping as the door opens, almost giving her a heart attack.

"Ri, you're up," Jimin says, smiling softly at her and walks over to the side of the bed, "How are you feeling?"

"Yeah uhm I'm good- ...fine yeah." She nods quickly and adjusts her hair and clothes, seemingly not wanting her brother to see to see the misery. "I- I'll go take a shower..."

Jimin sighs on seeing her still struggling against the wish to let him know how bad she's hurting. He sits himself on edge of the bed, taking her hands in his, earning a glance from the girl as she stared at his hands and then at his face.

"Why are you doing this, Aera?" He says, "Are you not comfortable sharing your problems with me? Am I not giving enough time to you? I know I don't live here now, but Jungkook does, at least talk to him kiddo. It hurts us too to see you like this."

Aera breathes in sharply, flinching as the brother cups her face. She looks at him just to have him staring back, triggering thousands of emotions all over again, brimming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She lets out a breathy whisper along with a single tear drop that is followed by a stream of more tears the very next second. "I'm really sorry oppa... I don't know, I just- I didn't want you or Jungkook oppa to- to be worried because of me, and Dave... he's so bad he wouldn't have hesitated hurting you or Haewon unnie as well. Also you both have a baby coming soon, how could I tell you about all this and bother you? I didn't want that to happen, so I kept to it myself."

Jimin stares at her with soft eyes, "My child, come here" He sighs, opening his arms and pulling her into a hug, "Even if we have a baby on the way doesn't mean I'm going to let my first kid suffer alone. You matter to me as much as the baby does, Aera, not more and not less, you're both equal for me."

His hand slowly pats Aera's back while she sobs silently against his chest, feeling the warmth and calmness from him and his heart as he always used to say, Heartbeat is beautiful, and it helps you calm down. She focuses on the faintly prominent rhythm, sounding almost like a sweet melody for a storming soul.

"You don't have to worry okay? That boy cannot do anything bad." Jimin says, "I'm here and Jungkook's here, we won't let him hurt you anymore."

Aera nods her head slowly, wiping her tears as she pulls away after a while and asks, "Koo knows?"

"I told him." Jimin nods, "Now get ready and come downstairs, you must be hungry."

Aera looks at him standing up with a small smile at her, as he pats her head before leaving the room. She sighs slipping out of her bed and heading to the bathroom, not glancing anywhere and stepping straight into the shower.

Hands running over her body, rubbing with the skin with all she has, wanting to get away from Dave's toxic touch that only kept her hurting and holding back. She opens her eyes for the first time in the last twenty minutes, finally turning off the cold water that kept running down her body till now.