09

"I fell into a distraction, one minute 'till it comes crashing down."

SONG: It's not your fault - Maggie Lindemann

*****

Vera's P

Vera's P.O.V:

I woke up before Leo with a pounding in my head.

Not only that, my throat was sore, I had a congested nose, and I had muscle pain. Although, I wasn't sure if the muscle pain was because of what me and Leo got up to or I was actually getting a cold.

Leo was sprawled across my bed, his arm under the pillow, holding it tightly and he was facing away from me.

I picked up my phone and checked to see who had called me last night, the person who I ignored. I'm pretty sure I didn't have anything to do last night, but Armani texts and calls whenever he pleases and the thought of me missing his message made me feel sick to my stomach instantly. I tried to push that thought aside and say it was probably just one of the girls. 

Upon turning on my phone, I had a shit ton of texts and missed phone calls from the girls.

"VERA! Where the fuck are you? Are you crazy? You missed it. You missed everything that happened. You know what this fucking mea-" 

I turned Blair's voicemail off before she told me what was to come.

I scrolled through the texts, purposely avoiding his message.

All that I could see on my screen was mainly, "Vera, where the fuck are you?"

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered to myself, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and running my hands down my face.

I really fucked up, I let myself get distracted. I know what happens from here, I know I'll be punished for it.  I've never been punished before.

Arabella has had warnings after she went on a bit of a 'kill spree' as we like to call it. Neve and Jade have been the only two that have been punished. We didn't ask about it, we saw the damage and tried to help them heal both physically and mentally. I remember how it fucked them up, how Luna told us Jade was having nightmares of the beatings. It kind of fucked us all up really, seeing our best friends having to deal with the aftermath.

I know the process. I'll get a text with a time and place. Once I go there, I'll be beaten and tortured, probably with an inch of my life. I can't really prepare myself for it. How do you prepare yourself for that?

If I didn't go then Armani would go after everyone important to me, including the girls and probably Leo because I'm 'affiliated' with him. Armani has eyes everywhere, we're always being watched. He sees and hears every little thing one way or another.

I don't know when I'll get the text, I'll be waiting for it all day most likely.

"I feel like shit." Leo grumbled, rolling over to face me, showing me that he was awake.