20 | stupid feelings

"Alright, Taryn. Truth or dare?"

Connie told her, as he sat across the girl. All eyes were on Taryn as she pondered over her choice, watching in fervent anticipation to see what was going to happen.

She paused, weighing her options. She supposed she could just go with the safe choice and answer whatever question Connie was dying to know, but that would've been boring. Almost everyone had chosen to tell a truth for the entirety of the game, and judging from their faces, they wanted things to spice up a little.

But she didn't miss the way Connie's face lit up with mischief, a glint in his eyes that told her that he was up to no good. She didn't know what tricks he had up his sleeve or what sort of blackmail he had on her, yet it seemed like she was just about to find out.

"Dare..." She muttered out, the uncertainty in her voice as clear as day. Regret then pooled in her stomach as soon as the words escaped her mouth, and her heartbeat quickened, chickening out almost instantly. "Truth." She said finally, but everyone had already heard her first choice and they were having none of it.

"Nope, you chose dare," Sasha wagged a finger at her face, her smile mirroring Connie's. "No changing your mind."

Sighing, she gave up, mentally bracing herself for whatever silly thing they were going to ask her to do. "Fine, fine. Go ahead." She tried to act as nonchalant as possible, convincing herself that it wasn't going to be something too bizarre. I'm just overreacting, it's not like it's going to be that bad.

Connie hummed in thought, taunting her. He then rested his chin on his palm as if to show that he was thinking, making Taryn all the more nervous. Tired of his dramatics, Sasha had to hit the back of his head, telling the boy to get on with it already.

He laughed out loud before finally getting serious. "Between Jean and Eren, I dare you to kiss the person you like the most."

The room went silent, their attention focused solely on the girl. Taryn froze in her spot, obviously taken aback by the dare, her mouth opening and closing repeatedly as she was struggling to form a sentence.

"What?" She stuttered, still processing what Connie had said. "Who I like more? As in being friends?

He shook his head, a smirk still present on his face. "Actually, let me rephrase what I said," He then told her. "Who's the one you harbor romantic feelings for? Kiss them wherever."

Everyone was watching the scene intently, dying to know what she'd do. Jean's eyes widened, yet he kept his gaze fixated on the floor. Eren had his mouth hung open slightly, a blush slowly creeping up his face, while Taryn resisted the urge to faint and beat up Connie in her dreams.

She laughed nervously, attempting to play the whole thing off. "Well, what if I don't have feelings for either of them? I could be secretly in love with you right now, you never know."

"Oh, but I do know," He responded in a sing-song voice. "That night at the tower? You told me, remember?"

Sasha whirled around to face her, disbelief splayed across her features. "What? You told him but not me?"

She glared at Connie. "I didn't tell you anything!"

He rolled his eyes in response, scoffing as he did so. "You as good as told me! You blushed like crazy when I mentioned his name."

Glancing at the two arguing, Armin had on a curious look on his face. "So Taryn admitted to having a crush on either Jean or Eren?" Truthfully, he was also a bit curious to who it was between the two of them. He smiled. "Interesting."

Eren shifted awkwardly in his seat, undoubtedly flustered from being the topic of conversation, before ultimately deciding to speak up and spare the girl from any more trouble. "Guys, you don't have to pressure her into confessing—"