Chapter 16: Trial and Error.

Kein's POV

"Alright time to experiment." I muttered as I set up the things that I needed in the back of the mansion where the abandoned shed was. No one comes here anymore due to reasons but that just means I'll take advantage of it.

I bought a pot from before, a strainer, and a few bottles where I could put them in.

I took two cups of distilled water and began bringing them to a boil with the ingredients I've decided to use. Hmm... With all that I could manage to buy.

For dryness... I took rosemary, for oily hair since there was no lavender in this country. I decided to go with a plant from this world that was similar to mint, [Selent].

I added some [Yumini] dried fruits that said to make your hair more healthier and it was shining. It had a silver shell but the seeds inside really did smell good so I bought it. The fruits had some mana stored up in them, is what the store owner said so I have to be careful.

"And in you go." I threw them into the pot and sat down for now.

I couldn't find any soapberry nuts or sarita in hindi.

I need the dried shells (or husks) from it. These come from a unique species of trees found in the eastern and western hemispheres but native to the tropical conditions of India and Nepal.

There's no liquid castile soap in there either. It's a vegetable-based soap that's made free of animal fats and synthetic ingredients. Usually it's made with coconut, castor, or hemp oils. Fun fact: it gets its name from the Castile region of Spain.

It's the same as regular soap but more eco-friendly. Traditionally its made with olive oil and man castile soap is also considered as a vegan soap. No animal fats whatsoever so if you have any vegan friends. I recommend this.

This is problematic but thankfully I managed to also find an alternative for that as well, goat's milk soap substitute olive oil with healing, nutritive milk of goats.

If you're asking why I know so much about soaps? It was hard taking care of a daughter whose skin was really sensitive and I just managed to skim these into my memory while researching the perfect soap and shampoo to use for her. I'm really worried about her health but the gods are surely watching over her for me.

I pursed my lips trying not to worry about my daughter back on earth as I covered the pot after adding all the herbs that I had, reducing the heat to low and steeping it for 15 to 20 minutes. I know the smoke should gather attention but I'm sure I'll be fine.

"Sacrifices are ought to be made. Even if I'm caught I'll make sure to bring my things with me in my [Storage Ring]."

Right, I have to test these first as well. I have to at least note the results, possible side effects, or magic effects that I haven't even covered. I should buy a blank book to put my notes into.

Speaking of books, perhaps Lenard has some books about herbs on his shelves? I should ask him later and give the blue rose designed basket as well. We haven't really talked at all much these days because he was busy upholding the family name or whatever.

His twin Lucas looked really serious in his swordsmanship training and whatnot but how could I even know? I was used as the person who has to replace all of the targets. Usually when the teacher is not even looking he actually USES ME as the target instead.