EIGHTY-SEVEN

- Chapter Eighty-Seven -
"Promise me that if it looks like it's getting bad, you'll leave."

"I'm so sorry

"I'm so sorry."

"Stop apologising." Remus Lupin mumbled tiredly, nuzzling his head into the crook of Elladora's neck and using his arm that was draped over her stomach to pull her impossibly tighter towards him. His bare chest brushed against her clothed side as her hand ran through his hair softly, playing with it at certain points and allowing him to relax in the embrace that he so desperately needed.

It was the day of the full moon and the week had been a bad one. Elladora hadn't gotten the potion from Dumbledore's office the day she went up since she had seen the memory of her brother's death and therefore learned the truth about the supposed saviour of the wizarding world. Remus had told her it was no problem on the night when they kissed in the library, he said he would get it the next day but Dumbledore was out on business.

Then he was out the next day and the day after that, he had been away from the school all week that the marauders so desperately needed him. Due to his absence, they had not gotten the potion and Remus had been in pain the whole week, it was worse than Easter as he was at school too and had the added stress of upcoming exams adding onto his pain of the upcoming night.

Elladora felt horrible. Seeing him in pain, wincing and groaning almost every second until it got to the point where he had to stop attending lessons and stay in his room was like a blow to the heart. If she even had a heart anymore, for her it was more like salt to a fresh wound. It stung and knowing that he was in pain because of her emotions spiralling out of control just made it worse but she wasn't going to pity herself for that.

She had apologised numerous times, visited the boys dorm for the majority of evenings after school and on the actual day of the full moon since she had free period last whilst the boys were in a lesson without her, she had gotten there as quick as she could and found him lying lazily on his bed with his face scrunched up in agony. When she had rounded the bed and crouched down to face him with her eyes full of concern, his had opened slowly at the feeling of another person in the room.

He had opened his arms lazily and made a motion for her to lay next to him. After a few seconds of awkward and confused milling around and quiet stuttering, Elladora had taken her bag off of her shoulder and put it down to the ground before taking her cloak off and hesitantly climbing on top of the covers next to him. There was no time wasted in him fixing them both into a comfortable position and putting her limbs where he wanted them to go which was mainly just her arm around him and the rest was himself positioning his own body comfortably.

And he was tired. So tired. Yet he couldn't sleep because all he was thinking about was what would happen that night. The last full moon had been bad but he had been on his own, now he'd be surrounded by his friends and he could endanger one of them which is the last thing he ever wanted to do.