2 | combat training

Y/n wasn't allowed to use her Quirk as freely as she wished to when she was outside — that meant she actually had to take time getting places. It was annoying, but she had no other choice. So there she was, making her way to school with her earphones in her ears and her phone in her hand, checking her social media and the news from the morning, trying her best to multitask.

Because of her distraction, she didn't see the boy coming towards her, his own earphones in his ear and his phone in his hand. The two were too into their own little worlds that it led them to colliding with each other, resulting in Y/n dropping her phone on the ground.

''Watch where you're going, extra,'' Bakugo spoke in his, apparently usual, aggressive tone. Regardless of that, he bent down and picked up the phone, checking to see if it's broken — which it wasn't, to Y/n's luck — and gave it back to the girl, before walking through the school gate.

Y/n blinked once, twice — surprise could be read on her face. She didnt expect Bakugo to act like this, but then again, she only met him yesterday. They do say don't judge a book by it's cover, don't they?

English was probably one of Y/n's favorite classes, mostly because she already knew the language pretty well. Grammar wasn't one of her stronger units, but she still decided to mute it out. She knew when and how to use it, she didn't know why she had to use it. She knows the language fluently already, she didn't need to know the exact grammar, right?

The lunch bell rang soon enough, causing Y/n to sigh in relief as she took out her wallet from her backpack, excited to try Lunch Rush's food.

''Hey, L/n, want to walk to the cafeteria together?'' Mina spoke as she approached the speedster, her own pink wallet in hand. Agreeing, the two girls started making their way to get lunch, keeping a light conversation about how they're finding UA so far and what they think they'll be doing in the hero class they had this afternoon.

Kirishima waved the two girls over to his table when he saw them looking around for somewhere to sit. Mina excitedly dragged Y/n towards to the group of boys, the latter almost dropping her lunch tray to the ground. Aside from Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and — surprisingly — Bakugo were sitting on the table as well, each of them having a tray of food they'd chosen.

The group — minus Bakugo — conversed with one another, asking about each others' Quirks, about hobbies and interests. Y/n found it interesting to get to know so many different Quirks and their holders.

''Bakugo, how about you?'' Y/n asked, looking at the blond on her right.

''Explosions. Didn't you see, dumbass?'' was all Bakugo said before continuing his meal. Y/n didn't try to include Bakugo in the conversation again, but everyone could tell he was listening. The group made their way back to the classroom together, Bakugo walking in front of them, trying his best to separate himself from the group.

———

''I AM COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!''

Class 1-A stared in awe as the number one hero stood at the door, his silver age costume on. Of course, most people knew that he would be teaching in UA, but none of the students expected him to be their teacher.

''I'm teaching Hero Basic Training,'' All Might said as he stood on the little podium. ''It's a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subjects.''

''Let's get right into it! That's what we'll do today — Combat Training!''

Hearing a slight laugh on her left, she looked towards Bakugo, seeing him look excited — way too excited.

''And to go with that are these!'' All Might said and slots opened from the wall, revealing 21 cases with costumes. ''Costumes made based on your Quirk registrations and requests you sent in right before school started.''

Y/n couldn't contain herself once she heard that, her Quirk activating on its own. Running up, picking up her own suitcase and running back to her seat took her mere seconds and the people around her stared at her in surprise. No one was used at her speed yet.

Giving an awkward laugh, Y/n spoke. ''Sorry, I got exited.''

The first thing she slipped on was the dark blue, high waisted spandex pants, which gave her perfect mobility. Second came a white, short-sleeved crop top and on top of it a dark blue, sleeveless jacket. A utility belt was wrapped around her waist, first aid filling the small bags that were attached to it. Her sneakers here red and her fingerless gloves black. To finish the outfit, she put on her goggles, letting them rest on her head. The people who made her costume did a great job. Even though it wasn't anything fancy, Y/n absolutely loved how it had turned out.

The class walked out together, each and every of them wearing their brand new costumes, each of them unique in their own way and suiting the Quirk user perfectly. For Y/n, this was probably one of the coolest moments of her life.

''They say the clothes make the man, young men and ladies. Be well aware that from now on you are heroes!'' All Might spoke as he observed the young heroes. ''That's great, everyone! You all look cool! Now, shall we begin, you zygotes?''

Y/n cocked an eyebrow at All Might's interesting choice of words, but didn't question. After giving the class a minute to chat, All Might continued with the class. ''Now, it's time for combat training!''

''Sir!'' Iida raised his hand hand in the air, his robotic looking costuming coming along well with his robot-like movements. ''This is the battle center from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?''

''No, we're going to move two steps ahead!'' All Might showed the class two fingers. ''Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside, but if you look at the total numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals. In this society filled with heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows.''

''For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles.''

''Without basic training?'' Tsuyu asked.

''This is a real battle to understand those basics!'' All Might cleared. ''However, the key this time is that there's no robot you can just beat up.''

''How will wins and loses be determined?''

''Can we just beat them up anyway?''

''Will the punishment be expulsion like with Mr Aizawa?''

''How shall we be split up?''

''Isn't this cape crazy?''

Y/n looked at Aoyama in confusion. ''It's crazy.'' She agreed, even though she was still confused. It seemed to lift his spirits, so she let him be.

''I'll answer all your questions!''