12 | riled up

LMFAO I FORGOT TO UPDATE YESTERDAY SORRY😭😭😭

- - -

Y/n stood in the front, playing the horse of their makeshift carriage. Kirishima and Sero were on the sides, while Bakugo was on top. To Y/n's relief, the two boys carried most of Bakugo's weight. Together, the team was worth 645 points, which was written on top of the headband Bakugo wore over his forehead. If they could snag a few more headbands, their places in the next round would be pretty much secured, but knowing Bakugo, that wasn't the plan.

''Do we have a strategy?'' Y/n asked, looking at the countdown that would indicate the start of the battle.

''We're going for Deku and Icy-Hot,'' Bakugo said, not bothering to look at his teammate.

''That's not a strategy,'' Sero commented quietly.

The siren gave the signal for start and chaos overtook, as most people headed to the people with most points - Bakugo's team being one of those. For the first few minutes, the four tried their best to dodge and avoid anyone that would try to steal their headband, which they succeeded at. When Deku's team launched into the air with Hatsume's support items, Y/n only heard Bakugo growl before blasting himself away from his team and towards Midoriya.

Bakugo tried to snatch the headband from Midoriya's forehead, but Tokoyami's Dark Shadow was quick to react, putting a barrier between the team and the explosive teen. It did stop Bakugo's attack and caused the crowd to errupt in cheers.

''He's gotten separated from his horses!'' President Mic announced the obvious. ''Is that okay?''

Sero rose his arm up and sent tape out of his elbows, sending tape up to wrap around Bakugo, pulling the rider back on top of his team.

''Nice catch,'' said Kirishima.

''It's a technicality, so it's okay,'' Midnight answered President Mic's question. ''It wouldn't have been if he'd touched the ground, though!''

Y/n let out a relieved sigh.

''It seems that other than Midoriya, Class A isn't doing so well!'' President Mic announced and Y/n looked up in confusion at the board, seeing that where 'Team Bakugo' was written, stood 0 points at the points slot. Her heart dropped.

''Class A is too simple-minded.''

Y/n looked up and noticed a blond Class B student holding Bakugo's headband.

''He got us!'' Kirishima spoke.

''What'd you say, bastard?'' Bakugo yelled out angrily. ''Give that back! I'll kill you!''

The other team stopped, their backs still towards Bakugo. ''Since Midnight said it was the first game, it wouldn't make sense to cut a ton of people in the qualifier, right?'' The guy finally turned around to face Bakugo's team and Y/n caught a good glimpse of his face. ''Assuming they'd keep about forty people for the next stage, we just made sure we stayed within that number as we ran, observing from the back the Quirks and personalities of those who would be our rivals. There's no point in being obsessive over winning in the prelims, right?''

Y/n hated to admit it, but their strategy was good.

''You did this as a class?'' Bakugo asked.

''Well, it wasn't a consensus, but it was a good idea, right?'' the Class B student asked.

''Hey, they're coming,'' one of the horses in his team spoke and Y/n looked around, noticing a lot of the class B students starting to surround them.

''It's better than going after a temporary 'top' like a horse with a carrot waving in front of it's face. Oh, while I'm at it, you're famous, aren't you?'' the teasing blond continued. ''As the victim of the sludge incident!''