16 | first and disappointed

hey besties, how was your week?

- - -

''And now, the second match of the semi-final! His Explosiveness, Bakugo Katsuki from the hero coruse! Versus - the speedster who seems to have no limit, L/n Y/n!''

That's where President Mic was wrong - she did have a limit. And she was reaching it.

She could feel all her toes twitching as she walked to the arena as she walked there as steadily as she could with all of her body parts twitching at a random. She desperately needed to relieze the energy she'd built up, but she couldn't. Calming down wasn't an option either, since she had to fight Bakugo now and if she wins, Todoroki too.

Closing her eyes, she took a breath. She knew Bakugo was most likely looking at her, probably with a smirk, already thinking he'd won. Of course, she couldn't see that he actually had a concerned - well, as concerned as Bakugo could muster - look on his face, wondering what the fuck was happening with her.

''Start!''

Y/n panicked, her eyes flying open. Bakugo had already launched at her, which meant she had no other choice but to use her Quirk so she can dodge. Bakugo immediately went after her, chasing her around, but she was faster.

I shouldn't use my Quirk this much, she thought as she stopped, letting Bakugo get closer. He threw an explosive first towards her, but she dodged by slightly jumping to the side. She rose her leg, kicking him in the stomach. He stumbled back but Quikly recovered, throwing another punch, which hit her side. It turned into a fist to fist fight which Y/n was loosing, considering Bakugo was better at it than her.

A punch landed on her cheek, causing her to stumble to the ground. Her twitching legs didn't help her situation, as she couldn't get up. Bakugo was nearing and she couldn't think of anything else.

I have to keep it in for one more run, she decided as she activated her Quirk, and ran towards the opposite direction of the arena. Unfortunately for Y/n, one run was one too much in that situation.

Her body moved on it's own as she jumped in the air, feeling the doors she'd tried to keep locked burst open. Closing her eyes, she tried to concentrate to create minimal damage, but it was too late. She'd lost control long ago.

A bright blue electric wave left her body, damaging each piece of technology it came across. Bakugo put his arms in front of his face in attempt to protect himself. He felt the wave go through him, thought it only felt like a tickle. He waited a few seconds then opened his eyes and removing his arms, observing the scene.

The whole stadium was silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. All the monitors were off and everyone seemed shocked. Y/n laid on the ground, her hair sprawled around her. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be unconscious. Midnight approached her and checked the girl, then standing up and whipping her whip, yelling at the top of her lungs.

''L/N IS UNCONCIOUS! BAKUGO WINS!''

It took a second, but the crowd recovered from the shock and started clapping and cheering. Y/n was put on a strecher and taken away with Bakugo looking at her unconsious body until they disappeared out of the exit.

''What happend?'' Bakugo asked as he approached Midnight.

''I'm not sure either,'' Midnight admitted. ''We'll have to wait for her to wake up for answers.''

Bakugo nodded and slowly started retreating towards the exit, hands in his pockets. This was the second time he'd practically won by default and he wasn't sure he was liking it. Though right now he was more worried about what had happened with Y/n - not that he'd admit it.