The Reaper's in Love

"Have anyone seen Mikio at all?"

A mysterious figure said sitting on the grass, a group of boys turned to find their teammates who were curious on their midfielder's whereabouts.

"He said he got hurt... Either a concussion or a bloodied nose... Whatever it is..."

Everyone shrugged, not knowing the exact reason but lost their troublesome midfielder for now. They returned to talking the basic things boy like to talk about like video games, sports, and whatnot when a familiar face entered into the scene. The boys turned and find their ace rugby player deep in thought, walking over to the group.

"Hey, Y/n!"

"Yo..." they see the worn out look on his face.

"Hey... You look stressed out, Y/n..."

"I'm not..."

Y/n gives them an accidental glare as they jumped back and nearly stuttered. "W-Well it feels like you are... But maybe that's just your Reaper vibe..."

"Yeah, probably..." his teammates answered as they go back to talking among each other. Then Y/n felt a little bit of regret and concern. "W-Wait..."

Everyone turns to him. "I need help..."

"Well... That's a first..."

"Just shut up and listen..." Y/n snarls softly as his teammates huddled together to hear what Y/n has to say. "Ugh... Fuck... How do I say it?"

Slowly, he takes a deep breath in and, "There's this girl-"

"Oh shit! My man has a friend!"

"And it's a girl!"

Everyone went wide eyed as they start talking to each other, who knew that their teammate who wasn't popular with people managed to grab a friend. Better yet, his friend was a girl!

"I said listen for fuck's sake!"

The crowd went silent. They gotten a little carried away as they sat silently and listened to what Y/n had to say. "...Thank you..."

He takes another breath.

"This girl feels... different..."

"What kind of different?"

Y/n was ready to answer but his chest cramped up softly, stopping himself from talking but pressed on.

"...Whenever... Whenever I see her or I talk to her... my chest... starts to squeeze into me... I can't seem to get that feeling away when I'm near her..."

"And my heart... it would always beat faster or stop when she gives me compliments or praise or do something that gets me a bit... agitated?"

Fuck... That was poorly explained... I think I should make it more clearly so that they could-

"Dude... You have a crush on the girl..."

Instantly, Y/n was flushed red. There was no way he a crush on his new best friend. "I-I'm being serious, man!"

"And so are we!"

Y/n's eyes grew wide immediately, seeing that his teammates just shouted at him as well as they made a remark on him. "Sometimes we like to tease you a lot Y/n... but this is something that might be stressing you out lately..."

Now it was silent.

The only thing you could hear was the faint cars passing by as well as the small chatters of kids and adults alike, wind blew softly in their ears as the team had their eyes on Y/n.

Finally, one of them spoke up.

"You gotta tell her how you feel, man..."

"That I enjoy being friends with her?" He cocks his head to the side.

"No, that you like her!"

"I do not like her!"

"What else is it then?! You like her, dude! We all went through it!" Another loud statement as Y/n wasn't sure about it. A trick, he presumed? But his team are the only people he could go to at a time like this.

"...How do you feel?"

"Huh?"

"How do you feel when a boy is near the girl?"

"..."

How do I feel?

He remembers what happened a few days ago when Gamo hung out with her friends and a few other boys. The sight of her hanging with a few boys who flirted and made moves on her and then confessed...

It angered him a bit, his eyes were down on the ground as his fist curled up on it's own. The team took notice of it and saw the dark aura behind him.

"Oh... That settles it then..."

They nodded to each other.

"Looks like Y/n is truly in love!"

And now, they were shouting excitedly. Not because they were trying to tease him but Y/n was going to get a girlfriend in the near future.

"I..."

Y/n wanted to retaliate...

But maybe... just maybe...

Maybe they're right...

"Do you really think so?"

"Yes! We're trying to help you out as a friend... or a teammate... These are most of the flags that tells us that you are really in love!"

"You gotta ask her out to the school festival!" One of them shouts as everyone but the Reaper agrees.

"What?!"

"You have to! What if some boy takes her away before you do?"

The Reaper stares back down at his feet. What if one of the boys from a few days ago received the honor to taking Gamo out for the school's festival? The thought of it angered his head, slowly calming down as his teammates brought him back to reality.

"You just gotta go for it, Y/n... A leap of faith..."

He stays silent for a second. But,

"...Okay... I'll... I'll try..."

"Not try! Will! You will ask her out to the festival!" His teammates were hyping him up, the pressure was on him but it was for a good reason he realized. Then, he nods.

"Okay... I will..."

"Attaway!" They all cheered, jumping, running, and skipping around the boy in excitement.

The day for their teammate was yet to come. If their ace truly felt this way towards Gamo, they are excited for when the end results are yet to come.

Soon, a whistle blew from the center of the field. A coach as everyone stopped prancing around and realized it was practice time.

"Shit... We gotta go!"

"Alright!" Everyone said in unison before they all ran to the center and huddled around the coach.

All except for one as he was pulling his shoes on quickly, still thinking about what his teammates had said.

"I'm... in love..."

His heart slowly ached softly, his team is probably right as he starts caressing his chest gently. "I'm... in love... Why?"

Fweet!

Another whistle blew into his ears as he glanced up to see everyone staring at him. "Come on, Y/n! We got work to do!"

"O-Okay, coach!" The boy shouts back before tying his shoes up and sprints to his team, ready for practice to start for today.