Chapter 2: Find Me (part 1)

She was lying next to someone, arms wrapped tightly around her waist

She was lying next to someone, arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She could feel his head resting on her shoulder, snuggling into her neck.

"Comfortable?" The male asked, a name instantly coming to her. Jungwoo.

"Very." She replied, in a voice that didn't sound like hers. She turned around, coming face to face with the man. "What would I do without you?"

The man smiled, leaning forward to press a kiss to her forehead. "Continue to live like normal, you don't need me in your life, Grace."

Grace!

"It's so much better with you though." She replied, leaning forward to close the space between them.

...

"Ah!" Minsun shrieked, shaking her head with her hands over her ears. She furiously shook her head, trying to shake the dream out.

Come on Minsun, that wasn't you. You were in Grace's shoes and that man was Jungwoo, her lover.

Minsun's dreams were starting to disturb her, feeling like she was living a life that wasn't hers. Despite the late hour, she decided to get out of bed, exiting the guest room to roam the Ombra halls.

Minsun jumped as she turned the corner to see Xun there, arms crossed as he leaned against the wall. He was wearing his pyjamas, his hair messy, but his eyes were still glaring at her with a deep intensity to them.

"Xun, you scared me!" Minsun exclaimed, a hand over her chest as she took deep breaths, calming her racing heart.

"Says the one that screamed in the middle of the night." Xun replied, pushing himself off the wall. "Come on, go back."

"To the room?" Minsun couldn't help but pout. "But I was thinking about going for a walk."

"It's late and you're in Ombra, an unfamiliar place." Xun replied. "Considering the fact that your father sent you here to keep you safe, I don't think wandering around is a good idea."

"Xun, come on." Minsun said, poking the male's arm. "I just need some fresh air."

"Then you can open the window to your room." Xun said, taking Minsun's arm and pulling her back into the guest room. "As much as I would love to let you do whatever you want, the last thing I want is an angry king coming for my head so I think staying here is just the place to be."

Minsun sighed as Xun took her to the bed before letting go. He gave her a look that earned a glare back before she gave in, slowly slipping in. Once she was settled, she was surprised when Xun took a seat, crossing his legs as he sat on her bed. "Are you going to leave?"

"Are they really that bad?" Xun asked, ignoring her question. She noticed that his eyes had changed, much softer than before. They were round and glossy as they stared into hers, as if he genuinely cared about her well-being. "The dreams. You've been having them for a while now."