29 | pajamas

''Oh, you're finally here, meow!''

''That took quite some time.''

Y/n held onto Bakugo's shoulder as the two walked out of the forest along with their classmates, Bakugo holding his wrist in pain. Everyone was exausted and beaten up, but they'd made it - even if they were way past the time limit.

''What do you mean, three hours?''

''That's what it would've taken us, sorry!''

Y/n couldn't stand on her legs anymore, the ache behind umbearable, so she collapsed on the ground, laying on her front and stretching her limps, already done with the training camp.

''You were trying to boast about how much better you are?'' Sato asked, also on the ground. ''That's mean . . .''

''I'm hungry . . .'' Kirishima complained. ''I'm gonna die . . .''

''But honestly, I thought it would take even longer,'' Pixie-Bop said. ''You guys didn't have as hard time beating my earth beasts as I thought you would. You guys are great . . . especially . . . you four!'''

Y/n looked up and noticed Mandalay pointing at Bakugo, Todoroki, Iida and Midoriya. She got up and looked between the heroine and her four classmates, frowning because she'd done just as much as them and yet she wasn't getting any recognition.

''Were you able to act without hesitation because of your experience?'' Pixie-Bop asked, then jumped at the four, running around them and causing Y/n to jump away slightly. ''I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll be in three years! I call dibs!''

''Stop that!''

''Get away!''

''What're you doing?''

The four boys put their arms up in protection from the crazy heroine, causing Y/n to chuckle quietly. Midoriya asked about the kid, who was introduced as Kota. The latter then proceeded to punch the former where the sun doesn't shine and for Iida to scowld him and for Kota to talk back.

''Precious brat,'' Bakugo smiled as he watched the scene.

''Isn't he kind of like you?'' Todoroki asked, causing Y/n to full on laugh.

''What? Not at all!'' Bakugo yelled at the dual-haired boy.

''But he is!'' Y/n said, still laughing.

Bakugo glared at Y/n, then turned back to Todoroki. ''Anyway, shut up, you GG bastard!''

''Sorry.''

''Enough of this charade. Get your stuff off the bus,'' Aizawa ordered. ''Once you've put your rooms, we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. After that, you'll bathe and go to sleep. We'll start for real tomorrow. Now, move quickly.''

The class went back to the bus and the driver opened the trunk part, letting them get their suitcases. Bakugo told her to go take each of their backpacks, while he'll take the suitcases, to which Y/n agreed and climbed back in the bus.

''Thank you for the food!'' the class said as they sat at the dinner table and started eating. Y/n moaned in delight from how delicious the food was.

''Can you pass me some rice?'' Y/n asked Bakugo, who was scarfing his own rice down like he hadn't eaten in ages. It was understandable, since they hadn't eaten since breakfast and the whole class was doing the same thing.

''Here, Speedy,'' Bakugo spoke as he handed her some, then went back to eating. Pixie-Bop informed them that this will be the only time they'll be cooking for the students, which if she wasn't that hungry, would've bothered Y/n, but she was starving and barely paid attention to her words.

- - -

''This feels amazing.'' Y/n let out a delighted sigh as she relaxed against the hot spring.

''I know! The perfect way to finish this stressful day,'' Mina said as she sat on top of one of the stones next to her friend.

''I haven't been to hot springs in forever,'' Uraraka admitted.

The girls halted their conversations when they heard shouts from the boys' side, mostly Mineta and Iida's voice, which could only mean one thing.

''Before learning to be a hero, you need to learn about being a human.''

There was a scream and Mina spoke. ''Mineta really is the worst,'' she said and looked up. ''Thanks, Kota! Yay, yay!''

Kota gasped upon seeing the exposed girls, causing him to lean back and trip over the fence. The girls gasped and waited for a thump, which never came. It took a few seconds before Y/n spoke.

''Is Kota okay?'' she yelled loud enough so that the guys can hear her.

''Yeah, Midoriya's bringing him to Mandalay!'' Kirishima yelled back, causing all girls to sigh in relief.

''I think we've scarred him for life.''

- - -

Y/n groaned as she sat up in bed, not being able to sleep. She got up and put on her slippers, picking up her phone and walking out of the room. It was chilly, but she didn't feel like going back all the way to the room, so she sucked it up and walked out.

She didn't expect to see another person being awake at this time in the night. She walked closer and stood behind them, finally recognizing the hair.

''Can't sleep?''

Bakugo jumped slightly, looking up at Y/n. ''Shit, Speedy, you scared me.'' He shook his head. ''Yeah.''

''Me too,'' Y/n said and sat down next to him.

''Cute pajamas.''

Y/n looked down at her dark blue, Sonic-themed pyjama bottoms and white t-shirt.

''Thanks,'' she said, rubbing up and down her upper arms with her hands, trying to get warmer.

''Tch, how're you never dressed appropriate for the weather,'' Bakugo shook his head and took off his zip-up hoodie - the same one he'd given her to wear on the way home - and put it over her shoulders. Y/n put her hands through the sleeves and nuzzled into it. Bakugo reached to her back and put the hood over her head for more warmt.

''Thanks.''

Y/n took her phone out and checked the time. It was already midnight so she was surprised Bakugo wasn't asleep, but she didn't dare mention it. Instead, she grabbed his wrist slowly, giving him a chance to tug it away if he so wished. When he didn't, she inspected it.

''I saw you holding your wrist earlier,'' she said. ''Are you okay?''

''It was nothing. It doesn't hurt anymore,'' Bakugo assured her. He felt weird. Giddy. His stomach felt like it was turning, but in a good way. Like when they were texting. Like when they hugged. ''Are you okay? I saw you fucking fall.''

''Yeah. I was aching because I overused my Quirk,'' Y/n told him. ''I'm sure it's gonna be way worse tomorrow.''

''I guess,'' Bakugo shrugged.

There were a few moments of silence before Y/n brought her phone out again and opened the movie they were watching earlier. ''Since we're both awake, do you want to finish the movie?''

''Alright,'' Bakugo said and stretched his leg, taking out a pair of earphones. ''Here.''

Y/n took them and plugged them in her phone, then handed one of them to Bakugo. She resumed the movie to where they'd stopped watching and continued it, giving the phone to Bakugo to hold and leaning on his shoulder again. She decided to be bold and wrap her arms around one of his, hugging it.

Bakugo tensed. This wasn't him. Normally, he would've blasted anyone else away when they'd sat with him. But he didn't want to with Y/n. He wanted to hug her, keep her close, hear her voice and smell her scent.

He wanted to kiss her.

He closed his eyes, shaking his head and trying to clear his thoughts, but he couldn't. She kept shamelessly invading his mind and, to be fair, Bakugo didn't care.

Man, he'd fallen. And very hard, at that.