11

"What did he do?" You ask, exasperated.

Helen crossed her arms. "I don't think it's worth telling you. You're just a Beatle sycophant."

You laugh at her last sentence. "Don't be ridiculous. I'm practically their maid. I want to straighten this out. If you tell me what happened, and help me turn them back into adults-"

Helen smirks to herself as you say that, pleased with her handiwork.

"-then I'm sure Paul will right this wrong. They can be bloody stupid but I've worked with them long enough to know that they are good guys at heart." You continue.

Helen and Elaina look at each other, then you.

"Let me close the shop for lunch, then we can discuss." Elaina sighs.

She walks over to the door and turns the sign on the door from open to close. Helen walks to the stockroom, and motions for you to follow. You walk into the stock room, Elaina walks behind you.

In the stock room are three stools, and you each take a seat.

"You have to understand, I did what I had to do as a sister." Helen starts.

"When the boys first started coming in to work on their first album, then the second, Paul would come into the cafe and talk to me. Flirt. You know how Paul is. After a couple visits, he took me out on a date. It was lovely, sweet. One thing led to another and..." Elaina trails off.

"They shagged. And then she thought she was pregnant, because her monthly was late. She told Paul, and you know what that rat bastard did- he ignored her! He just walked out!" Helen said, her voice getting louder.

"I got it a few weeks after he walked out on me, I guess it was just late. But he just threw me aside. The band was climbing up the charts, and he just had no more time for me. I was insignificant to him."

"He didn't have the decency to see how she was. Or at least end it properly." Helen said.

You stop for a second, to ponder it all over.

This wasn't like Paul, there must have been a reason. Right?

"If you can reverse what you've done to the boys, I can talk to Paul and have him make this right." You say. "Although I don't see why George, Ringo, and John had to suffer for the mistakes of Paul."

Helen shrugs. "Collateral damage."

"And how exactly did you turn the guys from adults to toddlers?" You ask.

Helen shrugs again. "Family secret. But I'll make the anecdote."

You look to Elaina, who looks sheepish.

"Are they all okay? Ringo would always give me a generous tip, and George would always stop by to take the 'reject' cookies. And John would always crack jokes with me."

"They're fine, for toddlers." You say, cooly.

"I'll make the anecdote tonight, and I'll bring it to the studio?" Helen asks. "On the proviso that once they're changed back into adults Paul talks to Elaina."

You nod. "You have my word."