21

november 14 2020

november 14 2020

lucas felt himself wake and stretched his stiff limbs before prying his eyes open to find that he was not in his own bed, but on his friends couch with the corner of his textbook digging into his stomach.

he sat up so quick he got slightly lightheaded. his eyes landed on elisas face and an adoring smile overtook his lips unknowingly.

agreeing with a statement he had not heard was said before, she definitely did look adorable when she was sleeping.

finding himself staring for a bit longer than he would normally, he instead distracted himself with looking for his phone to check the time.

he knew it was incredibly early judging by the darkness of the sky. finally finding his phone, the bright screen nearly blinded him but he read 4:20, making him smile slightly.

deciding it was too early to be awake, he plopped right back down and fell asleep once more, the tiredness pulling him away from consciousness.

☽☾

lucas opened his eyes once more to the sight of elisa laying on he back holding her phone above her face. upon noticing that he was awake, she turned to look at him. "you're adorable when you sleep" she lightly chuckled turning back to her phone.

a wild blush spread quickly over his pale cheeks and he turned into a spluttering mess "you- i- what-"

elisa burst out laughing at him cutting himself off and smashing a pillow he found on the couch into his face.

he dropped the pillow and gave her a "look what you did" smile matching his very pink cheeks, which only made her laugh harder.

suddenly her phone started to ring for a face time call. the screen read "karlita <3" and she immediately picked it up and answered.

"hi karl-" she started before she was immediately cut off by mr. beasts voice through her phone.

"congratulations elisa! karl just won you one hundred thousand dollars!!"

it was silent for a moment until elisa yelled "what the actual heck?!" causing laughs to sound from the other side of the screen.

"he won the house decorating contest and now you have one hundred thousand more dollars!" jimmy exclaimed.

elisa knew they were making a video so instead of remaining silent from shock she channeled it to excitement.

after the whole thanking and advertising ordeal that took about a minute and a half, before she hung up and looked at her friend who had confusion etched all over his face.

"please don't-" elisa started, worried about her brothers privacy all over again, before she was cut off.

"i didn't see anything, didn't hear anything" lucas plugged his ears and closed his eyes with a slight smile playing on his lips.

elisa exhaled a breath of relief and thanked him before he sighed and confessed he had to go home because of an event his family was going to.

"of course of course" she smiled and stood, the two walking down the stairs and to the front door before he walked out with a wave and a smile, climbing into his car.

as soon as his car drove away her mother's voice squealed in her ears "is that your boyfriend" making elisa scream from surprise.

"what? no! he's my partner for the vietnam project in school!" she rambled.

"uh-huh, ok, then" her mother winked.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •