Nishinoya Yuu - Here and Now

Au: Regular

Au: Regular

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, black/mixed coded reader (Certain aspects of the character will be portrayed in a way that will have specific significance, but the reader—as always—will never be described physically)

Word Count: 1.4k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Whatever the problem was with the boy that sat behind you, you didn't want to know. But you sure did hope he would stop sighing.

Rolling your eyes as he let out another airy whine, you glanced at his friend who sat toward the front of the class. After a bit more than a loud conversation between the two, your teacher was finally fed up and sent the short one to swap seats with the girl that was originally behind you. Though you couldn't blame him for possibly being upset about being apart from his friend, you now despised your teacher for having to deal with the boy's rowdiness on your own.

Currently spun around in your chair to face the boy directly, you jotted notes as you discussed the new project that the teacher had assigned. Having been paired with the loud boy, you had no other choice in partnership.

As you spate out ideas, hunched over your little notebook, you didn't notice as his curious hand moved toward your head until you felt it. Shooting up straight, his hand pulled back in shock. You blinked, a bit surprised. His behaviour, though not surprising for himself, was rather out of the ordinary for Japan's standards.

You balked, "Nishinoya, what are you doing?"

He blinked and pointed. "You're hair, it's interesting. I like it."

Pausing for a moment, you glanced out the window to your side before looking back. "Thank you, Nishinoya, but please. No touching." You didn't want to start a ruckus in your first week here, even if he was a disruptive student himself.

"Okay." He nodded quickly before looking back at your notes like nothing happened.

Picking up your pen with an agile flip over your fingers, you looked back at your notes, mentally groaning at the work. "We can probably get this done rather fast if we work outside of school, we can go to my place, it's nearby. Are you free after school?"

"Your accent is cool."

You looked up again with a furrowed brow. "What?"

"Oh, I have volleyball practise, but I'm free after that." He gave you a large smile.

"Okay. I guess I can use that time to look at clubs myself since they're mandatory. I can meet you at your gym after that and we can go to my place."

Nishinoya hummed. "What clubs are you thinking of looking at?"

"Not too sure, I don't want to do anything messy, but a sport might not be too bad, soccer or basketball maybe." You tilted your head in thought, trying to remember the list of clubs you had seen when you first arrived at Karasuno's doors that year.