THIRTEEN | year 4

THE WORLD CUP

The summer break went by too quickly. Its was quick when Cassiopeia has nothing to do at home. The Malfoy Manor is always quiet, until this summer, when Lucius had brought in mysterious guests into his office.

When Cassiopeia would see his "guests" Lucius will glare at her and commands her to go back to her room. The girl grew curious, and she wanted to find a time where she could eavesdrop to her father's hushed conversation.

It is now the night before the World Cup, when she walked out from her Library and saw her father walk inside his office with probably five strangers. She bit her lip in thought, deciding whether or not she should eavesdrop.

But curiosity got the better of her.

The girl slowly tiptoed to her fathers office, and was luckly to find that the door was slightly open. She hid behind a large vase next to the door, and she leaned it listening into the conversation.

(I know this isnt the exact reason why they attacked in the World Cup, but i needed something to add so i had to add this bit huhu)

"You actually dont expect we are going to attack the World Cup, do you Lucius?" Someone asked, "thats an utterly stupid plan, the Ministry will be there and we will get caught."

"You dare to question what I think?!" Lucius slammed his hands on the table.

"Its a ridiculous plan!"

"Throw him to the dungeon!" He ordered someone, the man who previously asked the question was grunting as he was pulled up from his chair.

"You have no right to put me in there, you can't boss me around," said the man, Cassiopeia figured he was one of the Death Eaters.

Lucius approached the man, and lowly spoke. "You have stepped foot in my house. I have every right."

Cassiopeia heard their footsteps approach, so she made the run for it. She quickly closed her door, as she lets out a relieved sigh.

She sat on her bed, repeating the words she heard earlier.

They'll attack after the Tournament, but what for?

Her eyes widen when she noticed the book in her hand was not with her.

•••

Cassiopeia was called into her fathers office the next morning. Her heart was pounding against her chest, her hand shaking from the anxiety.

What if her father saw her last night?

She bit the inside of her lip, as she entered the room. She sees her father sitting on his desk. She took a deep breath before looking up at her father.

"Goodmorning, father," she spoke, "You called?"

Lucius glared down at her, grabbing the book she took from the Library last night before she listened in to their conversation. He threw it across the room, landing in front of Cassiopeia who flinched when the book dropped.

"I saw this book last night," Lucius spoke, his voice low. "Tell me, what is it doing there?"

Cassiopeia gulped, "I don't know, father,"

Lucius scoffs, "Were you listening into my conversations, Cassiopeia?"

"No, father,"

He stood up, and approaches the girl, he glared down at her, his eyes full if anger. "Then what was it doing next to my doorstep?"