"Is that so bad?"

"And then, he offered to buy me bubble tea. The twat." Mona complained, throwing her hands up in the air. "Why do I even bother anymore?"

"Did you accept his offer?" Sucrose asked, head bent over her notebook. Albedo was sitting next to each other, and they were working on the science homework. Mona thought it was cute, but she wanted to rant.

"Hmph. He put the bubble tea down on the table." Mona huffed and crossed her arms, frowning. She didn't like to think about this part. "And I had some."

"How much is 'some'?" Albedo continued, pointing something on his paper out to Sucrose and tapping her arm. 

"All of it." Mona said in a small voice, wanting to bury herself alive. 

"Talking about me, are we?" A voice said at Mona's ear, ghosting along her neck. Mona tilted her head to the side instinctively, inhaling slightly. 

"Shut up." Mona turned around and shoved Scaramouche off her back. "What do you want?"

"To talk to you. Is that so bad?" Scaramouche asked, sounding completely innocent, and not at all like the squirmy earthworm Mona knew he was.

"About what? And how did you even know where to find me?" Mona asked, dragging Scaramouche away from Albedo and Sucrose. He didn't need to invade their privacy, Albedo and Sucrose were too pure for the tainted evil that was Scaramouche. Mona ignored how Scaramouche's bicep flexed slightly underneath her touch, and she definitely ignored how it felt leanly muscled in a way that made her flush.

"I asked around. The Harbingers aren't completely useless, you know." Scaramouche shrugged and leaned against the chain fence, making a rattling noise. 

"Really?" Mona muttered under her breath. Scaramouche didn't seem to notice.

"Plus, I'm supposed to help you get your astrology club back open, remember?" Scaramouche said, his face open and shockingly honest looking. 

Honestly, Mona was kind of surprised that Scaramouche had remembered. She had expected Scaramouche to forget all about helping her after she had tutored him.

"Right. Uh, so what's your idea?" Mona hedged, wanting to get back to her lunch. She tried to make it obvious by looking back over her shoulder, searching the bleachers for Albedo and Sucrose's forms.

"Come to my house after school and we'll talk it over." Scaramouche smirked, clearly knowing that Mona didn't want to go anywhere with Scaramouche.

Going to Scaramouche's house, seeing where he slept, sitting on his bed, knowing where Scaramouche took off his clothes, it was too much. The thought of it alone made Mona blush.

Mona was a little disoriented by the way Scaramouche was looking at her. His eyes ran up and down over her face, trailing over her ponytails and dipping to her lips, which parted, releasing a small 'oh'. Her body felt like it was being lit on fire, slowly, each nerve lighting up as Scaramouche fixed his eyes on her. Who knew one look could feel like this?

Scaramouche stepped closer, and closer, lifting one hand slowly, ever so slowly, till his fingertips grazed the edge of Mona's chin, lifting it up with a feather-light touch. Mona's breath was coming short, her mind short-circuiting at Scaramouche's touch on her chin, his eyes assessing her with a sharp glint in his eye that Mona definitely wouldn't mind seeing again.

Stepping a little closer, Scaramouche brought his other hand up to pin Mona against the fence, twirling a finger in one pigtail that flopped over her shoulder. He leaned closer, skimming his fingertips lightly, ever so lightly, so that Mona thought she might have dreamed it. 

Scaramouche dipped his head lower, ghosting breath across Mona's lips. Her hands felt like they were locked in place, preventing her from doing anything other than breathing, and even doing that was becoming difficult. His lips drifted over her cheek, grazing her ear.

"That seems like a yes," Scaramouche whispered in her ear. Mona could hear how he inhaled slightly. Scaramouche smelled a little bit like fresh mint and silver, an intoxicating smell.

Suddenly, Scaramouche pulled back from Mona, leaving her feeling dizzy and wanting more. Her hands grasped weakly at her sides, legs wobbly. He smirked, watching her reorient herself lazily.

"I'll drive you to my house. Be waiting for me in the parking lot!" Scaramouche called, and Mona could tell he was barely holding back a laugh. It made her nerves ignite, but this wasn't a fight Mona should pick, and not right now, when she could barely stand.

After Scaramouche left, Mona sank down onto her ass, skirt riding up on her thighs slightly. Her head leaned back against the fence, and she let out a sigh. This afternoon was going to be positively exhausting.