Chapter one

Jaylen-

"Pops I can't do it. I don't want to do it." I said as I started to hyperventilate.

"Okay, Len. Okay. You don't have to. You can do the rest of freshman year online." He rubbed my back as I cried on his shoulder like a baby.

That was two years ago.

I remembered that was the moment I realized I couldn't face the real world and I didn't want to. I didn't even go to school my Sophomore year and now I'm junior, seventeen years old and I hate being by myself.

"My baby is growing up. You better not talk to no boys." Dad said as he pulled up in front of the school. Pops was at work so he couldn't see me off today. "Call if you need anything, Jaylen." Dad reminded me as I got out the car.

"Will do. I love you see you later." I shut the car door as I started walking into the school filled with giggly teenagers, happy to see their friends again. All I had to do was walk to my class roomsand avoid all human interaction and I will be fine. Just breath and act like these people aren't here.

I jumped as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked down to see a very short boy, or maybe he was just short to me. I starred at him waiting for him to speak.

"I didn't mean to scare you but wow you're tall! I'm like 5"6 so you might be hmmmm, I'll say 6"4?" He asked. He guessed right. But I didn't have the energy to tell him that.

"I'm sorry that was so rude of me, my name is Bailey."

I turned to walk away before he ran in front of me.

"Im sorry. I wanted to know if your knew where Mr. Tweler class is. I'm not sure and everyone else kind of ignore me." He awkwardly laughed. I looked up noticing the room literally right down the hall. I pointed to the class room and started making my way to my own class.

"Thank you!" He yelled after me.
***
"Okay. Today since it is the first day of school we're going to introduce ourselves." My heart dropped as I looked around the room. It was about twenty of us in here.

"Sorry i'm late." I looked over seeing Bailey walk into the classroom. "I couldn't find my class sir." He apologized looking for somewhere to sit. His eyes landed on me. I was sitting all the way in the back of the classroom as far away from the front as possible.

He started walking to the back and took the empty seat next to mine.

"Hi," he smiled up at me. I ignored him not knowing what to say. I know I should say hi or something but I didn't know how.

"Okay we're doing alphabetical order by last name. You have to say you're name, favorite song, and one thing you did over summer." I started to panic. Harris, I had pops last name. It's as the eighth letter in the alphabet and I'm sure that it would come a lot faster. 

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

Ignored him again as the teacher started calling names.

"Bailey Hiller." The teacher called. He's on H already? I'm next.

"I'm Bailey, my favorite song is probably 'when I see you'...oh and my one thing I did was adopt a dog." He said. How is he so cherry?

Before the teacher could call on me Bailey raised his hand. "Yes Bailey?"

"I was wondering if I could walk him to the nurse? He's doesn't seem to be okay." He pointed at me. The teacher looked at me worriedly before nodding his head, dismissing us.

"Are you okay? You don't seem like it. Were you nervous to speak?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I never got your name...what's your name?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well it's nice to meet you."
————

First chapter. I know it's really short.