Chapter 52

Gyth’s POV

I woke up from my sleep to find Chevel out of sight, instead her scent lingered on my sheets. I was too relaxed with her by my side that I actually fell long into slumber. I sighed worried if she made it back safely.

I immediately stood up and grabbed my robe. I glanced towards the clock as it struck midnight. She must be asleep by now, I should be swift and quiet.

I hastily descended the flight of stairs down to her quarters and unnoticeably peeked inside. My eyes instantly found Chevel who’s surprisingly still awake, sitting on her bed. I shifted my gaze to her side and flustered upon seeing the red-haired man sitting comfortably next to her.

I felt a sudden rage within me and reached for the knob when a hand suddenly grabbed my arm.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said and without even looking at the man, I knew exactly who it was.

“Don’t mind my business, Dante.” I said gnashing my teeth.

“He’s a human and you can’t do anything about it.” He said and as much as I hate to agree with him, he’s right.

“Well, I have to go on an errand. It’s nice seeing you too.” Dante mockingly said as he disappeared into the hallways.

I glanced back at Chevel who’s wearing a bright smile as she talked endlessly with the man and I can’t help but feel the pounding feeling in my chest yet again.

I took a deep breath and quietly closed the door. Chevel will have another training this morning and I can’t help but be wary of the things that are beyond my control.

Without a second thought, I ascended the stairs up to the throne room. I quietly walked passed its doors and deep into the hallway until I reach the doors to the necromancy section. It is where I exactly remembered it to be.

I slowly opened its doors to find it empty. Although the certain demon I know of must be secluded within the attic.

I ascended the spiral staircase and opened the wooden hatch.

“Ah. What a pleasant visit.” A familiar voice greeted.

“It’s been a really long time, Malluk.” I said approaching him into an embrace.

He’s still going strong and quite muscular even though he’s getting old. Malluk is an ordinary demon but Lucifer took him refuge for his extraordinary skill in medicinal matters. He’s a legendary necromancer in the underworld and the only father figure I have in this hellhole.

“You must be out of your mind to not visit me this entire time!” He exclaimed, smacking my back.

“My greatest apologies, Malluk. I’ve been quite busy.” I said, leaning back on the wooden walls.

“So I’ve heard. You took in a human?” He asked, cleaning up his long wooden table full of laboratory equipment and such.

“Precisely.” I responded. It wasn’t really a surprise that such news quickly spread throughout the castle.

“I heard she’s quite a beaut.” Malluk teased. “And where in heavens have you heard that?” I responded and he laughed hysterically.

“Oh please. There’s no need to keep any secrets between us. Though I’m fairly surprised at your sudden change of mind.” Malluk said and a smile unknowingly formed my lips.

“I am too.” I replied.

“As long as it makes you happy, my child.” He said and my eyes widened in surprise as they darted towards him. He must’ve noticed my sudden smile.