Chapter 16

Time flew and that Saturday, Qian Wei followed Liu Shiyun to the school gate.

Qian Chuan was showing off an unusual level of enthusiasm. When Qian Wei and Liu Shiyun arrived at the rendezvous point, he had already arrived ahead of them and was pacing around like an eager puppy, carrying steaming milk tea and egg tarts in his hands. From time to time he would scan up and down the street outside the school gate to look for Mo Zixin. He did not pay any attention to Qian Wei as she passed by, or at least he didn’t until Qian Wei snatched away the food in his hand.

“As it turns out, you really are my brother. You are so sweet. Since you went out of your way to prepare so much delicious food for your sister this early in the morning, I’ll have to accept it with a smile.”

“Qian Wei! Give that back! It’s not for you!” Qian Chuan sounded a little angry and he hurriedly tried to snatch back the food from Qian Wei’s hands.

Qian Wei naturally knew that Qian Chaun had prepared these things for Mo Zixin, so she absolutely couldn’t let Qian Chuan keep them. That was why, regardless of her image, she quickly stuffed all four egg tarts into her mouth and took a sip of the milk tea.

When Lu Xun arrived, this was the scene he first saw: Qian Wei stuffing her face. He seemed slightly shocked seeing this kind of Qian Wei, and it took him a moment to recover. By then, Qian Wei finally managed to choke down all the egg tarts and Qian Chuan had no time to quarrel with Qian Wei because Mo Zixin had also arrived.

“Alright guys, get on the bus.”

At the appointed time, all of the students filed onto the chartered bus one after another. Qian Wei originally wanted to get on the bus, but what she had done just now was the classic example of hurting the enemy for a thousand while hurting herself for eight-hundred, eating so much so fast was really a bit uncomfortable. So she really wanted to take a moment alone to digest, but Qian Wei did not forget her goal, that was to say, she needed to intercept Qian Chuan. First, she had to make sure Lu Xun and Mo Zixin could get on the bus and sit together and not let Qian Chuan interfere.

Unfortunately, dreams were beautiful but the reality was cruel. When Lu Xun was passing Qian Wei, for some reason he stopped and stooped down. Qian Wei saw that he was unhurriedly tying his shoelaces. Although Mo Zixin had deliberately slowed her pace and seemed to want to get on the bus with Lu Xun, in the end, she was a girl and could make her pursuit too obvious. Even though Lu Xun stopped, Mo Zixin could not also stop, so she could only get onto the bus while feeling a little reluctant. As soon as she got on the bus, Qian Chuan hurriedly got on the bus behind her. It seemed Qian Chuan wanted the seat next to Mo Zixin no matter what.

Qian Wei looked down at the relaxed Lu Xun, and she really hated that iron could not become steel. It was obvious that his shoelace was not that loose, so why would he choose such a bad time to squat down and tie it?

Qian Wei felt depressed. Qian Chuan was able to get in close contact with Mo Zixin right away, so she felt half of her fighting spirit dissipating. When she got on the bus, she saw unhappily that Mo Zixin was sitting beside Qian Chuan, who was acting like a warm spring breeze, and meanwhile, Lu Xun sat alone in the seat behind them next to an empty seat.

“Qian Wei! Over here!” Liu Shiyun waved at Qian Wei and enthusiastically patted the empty seat next to her. “There’s a seat here!”

Qian Wei paused. At the moment, Qian Chuan was talking and laughing excitedly to Mo Zixin, while Lu Xun had already put on his headphones and was looking out of the window indifferently. He seemed to have no intention of joining Qian Chuan and Mo Zixin’s conversation.

How could she let things go on like this? If Lu Xun did not take the initiative to attack, wouldn’t he just be giving Mo Zixin’s heart away? If he hadn’t been sitting there, Qian Chuan would have been behaving even more unscrupulously! With Lu Xun like this, how could he be Qian Chuan’s opponent?