Chapter 25

The emergency department of the hospital was very efficient and soon it was Qian Wei’s turn. Lu Xun accompanied her as she went inside.

“This is urticaria. If you’ve never experienced it before, and it isn’t heredity in your family, then maybe you’ve eaten something you were allergic to, or recently you haven’t been resting well and it’s caused a problem with your immune system. I’ll prescribe some medicine that needs to be applied externally. I’ll also prescribe some medicine that can be taken orally if it still doesn’t stop itching.” The woman doctor was very patient and she explained things carefully. She looked at Lu Xun and said, “In urticaria cases, it’s important to remember to apply the medicine on time, and try to avoid scratching the rashes. Please remind your girlfriend, it would be a shame for her skin to develop any permanent rashes because that is not very pretty.”

“OK, thank you, doctor. Since it is possible that she had eaten something she was allergic to, do you need to do an allergen test?”

“If after half a month the urticaria has not subsided, it means that she has chronic urticaria and at that time, we will need to do an allergen test. But for now, there is no need.”

Lu Xun nodded and looked at Qian Wei: “Then I’ll go line up to buy the medicine.”

The doctor smiled at Lu Xun’s departing back and said to Qian Wei: “Your boyfriend so handsome and also so careful. He doesn’t mind accompanying you to the hospital dermatology emergency department in the middle of the night, and he is the rare kind of accompanying family member who does not play with his cell phone during the consultation. You should cherish such a good boyfriend.”

Qian Wei was a little embarrassed: “He’s not my boyfriend, we’re just classmates.”

The young doctor said laughingly: “Then he must like you.”

Qian Wei wanted to explain but the doctor was called to treat the next patient. As she was leaving, she playfully made a fist-pump gesture at Qian Wei: “You can do it! Take him down! Fighting!”

Qian Wei naturally didn’t care about the female doctor’s jokes. Lu Xun would only like a girl who was perfect from all sides like Mo Zixin. Lu Xun always walked around with his eyes on top of his head so a girl like her would absolutely never enter his eyes. Qian Wei quickly pushed down the stupid delusions appearing in her head. She felt that Lu Xun absolutely did not like her, so even though she had been involved in some embarrassing scenes with Lu Xun again and again, Qian Wei just needed to focus on getting along with him well and push any amorous thoughts out of her head.

When they finally began making their way back to the cabins, dawn was already peeking over the horizon. Qian Wei looked over at Lu Xun, who was busy acting as if he was alone in the car. His face was painted by a faint yellow halo from the dawning sun, and for some reason his excessively handsome face looked more real right now, less illusory and distant than usual. Qian Wei felt very grateful to Lu Xun for accompanying her to see a doctor in the middle of the night. She looked at Lu Xun and secretly made up her mind to help him catch Mo Zixin no matter what. She had to help Lu Xun avoid his fate of becoming 30-years-old and single. Since she found out that he wanted to get married early and have children to experience the warmth of family, she should help him do that, instead of becoming a workaholic who did nothing but work overtime his whole life. Qian Wei, fighting!

“Lu Xun, in order to thank you for coming to see a doctor with me in the middle of the night, I have decided I should do something to repay you. Do you have any wishes right now? As long as it’s something reasonable and legal, I will try my best to help you with it.”

“Yes.” To Qian Wei’s surprise, Lu Xun did not ignore her. Instead he responded with an affirmative.

“What is it?”