~ 19 ~

Author's pov :

Author's pov :

Maya woke up from her sleep due to the continuous buzzing of her mobile. She answered the phone call without seeing the caller id.

XXX: Hello darling! Missing me?

She got startled, and all her sleep flew away as she listened to the voice. She hung up the call and threw it on the bed. Didn't she warn him not to interfere in her life anymore? Didn't he realise his mistakes? For God's sake, she is happily married to the man she loves. Why can't he understand that? Why can't that man let her live her life peacefully?

She dialled Avinav's number. But the call went unanswered. She again dialled his number. Again, he didn't answer her call. That's when she saw his message that he was out for some important work. Her eyes were pooled with tears. She sat there, not knowing what to do. Her breath became uneven due to her continuous crying. She took a deep breath, trying to control her fear.

All she wanted to do was hide in her husband's arms. Her mobile was ringing continuously. It was him again, Rajesh. She cut the call and blocked the number. But how could that man let her live peacefully? He messaged her from another number.

She banged her hand on the nightstand in frustration, which made the glass frame fall on the floor, shattering into small pieces. Blood started to ooze from her hand as some small glass pieces pierced her soft skin. She thought she could live her new life happily without the baggage of the past. But how could she be when her past was not leaving her? She was in pain not because of the wound on her hand but because of the wounds in her heart. She clutched her head due to the pain. Her body started to shiver, and her head started to spin. Her eyes became blurry. She looked for her mobile and dialled Surya's number with her shaking hands.

Surya: Hello Mia!

Maya: Sunny! Rajesh ....

Before she could talk more, she fainted.

**********************

Arjun is lying on his bed, looking at nothing in particular. A lot of thoughts were running through his mind. He thought about what Avi said a few hours ago. He is right in his place. Once, there used to be no secrets between them, but now they just don't know what's happening in each other's lives. He sighed sadly.

He came out of his pool of thoughts due to the continuous buzzing of his mobile. He lifted the call without seeing the caller ID and was about to scold that person for disturbing him but got panicked when the person on the other side said something to him. He immediately ran out of the room while calling someone.

**********************

Avinav was so busy talking to Surya that he didn't notice the continuous vibration of his mobile, which was in silent mode. They were lost in their talk when Surya's mobile screen displayed Maya's number. He answered the call but got panicked when she uttered Rajesh's name.